Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my window wont do the auto roll up it rolls about a quarter of the way and then rolls back down so in order to roll it up i have to hold it to the quarter mark then it stops and then pu;; up on the trigger again someone help please.

·
Registered
247 Posts
did u by any chance just disconnect the battery? becuase when i disconnected the battery my car almost had to learn some stuff... the auto up was one of the things that took a day to start working again... weird i thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You need to reset the auto up / down feature. Hold the window button in the down position until the window is all the way down. Continue to hold the button in the down position for a couple of seconds. Next, hold the window button in the up position until the window is all the way up. Continue to hold the button in the up position for a couple of seconds. The auto up and down feature should now be reset. This has to be repeated every time the battery is disconnected or if the window button is fumbled with your finger either all the way up or down. If it doesn't work the first time try it again.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Here's the battery reconnect procedure:

Window Express Calibration For Vehicles So Equipped (BOTH front window switches labeled AUTO):

1. Turn the Ignition to the Run position.
2. Regardless of current window position, move the driver’s window upward until the window stalls in the full up position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 seconds before releasing the switch.
3. Move the driver’s window downward until the window stalls in the full down position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 seconds before releasing the switch.
4. Move the driver’s window upward until the window stalls in the full up position. Allow the window motor to stall for at least 2 second before releasing the switch.
5. Repeat step 2, 3 and 4 for the passenger’s window.
6. Verify the windows learned the calibration by operating the express down and up features on the windows.
7. Repeat this procedure if the calibration failed. If vehicle still fails, check the Driver’s Door Module (DDM) and Passenger’s Door Module (PDM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and correct as required.

ESP Steering Angle Sensor Calibration For Vehicles So Equipped (ESP on/off switch is present in center stack):

1. Start the Engine.
2. Turn the steering wheel right until the wheels locks full right.
3. Turn the steering wheel left until the wheels locks full left.
4. Turn the steering wheel right until the wheels are basically centered.

After recalibrating the above systems:

1. Cycle the ignition switch Off and back On, do not start the engine.

Bernie

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to thank everyone I completly forgot I disconected the battery to install the AirHammer (Rev. Hammers orders) I try a couple of these till it starts workin again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts