Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned off the automatic wipers as soon as I bought the car because I get my cars washed alot and I know that I would forget to turn them off. My Cobra had closable vents in the hood and I sometimes would forget to close them prior to entering a car wash.

Am I the only one?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Mine are also turned off because we don't get any rain, well, hardly ever!

What's interesting is that I actually turn them on when going through the touchless car wash (the kind where you stay inside the car) because it helps to clean off the blades and windshield when it's all soaped and waxed up.

bruno

·
Registered
452 Posts
The auto wipers are not intended to be left on all the time. Even the manual states to turn them off when not needed.

Oh, I should start paying more attention then. I leave mine on all the time. Jeepgrady, how did your windshield replacement go?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Replacement went well, however, it didn't correct the problem. They then replaced the sensor and control stalk. Still didn't correct the problem. At that point they were going to talk one more time to Chrysler to try to get a handle on it. After awaiting for the dealer to get back to me for a month I contacted the Service manager who was allegedly working on it. Of course he had no update. Typical dealer s---.

I just gave up. As I no longer required a 4x4 since moving south, along with the gas prices and lousy mileage on the Jeep, I traded it in for a Town and Country. Luckily, the vehicle I bought doesn't have the rain sense, thank God.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Replacement went well, however, it didn't correct the problem. They then replaced the sensor and control stalk. Still didn't correct the problem. At that point they were going to talk one more time to Chrysler to try to get a handle on it. After awaiting for the dealer to get back to me for a month I contacted the Service manager who was allegedly working on it. Of course he had no update. Typical dealer s---.

I just gave up. As I no longer required a 4x4 since moving south, along with the gas prices and lousy mileage on the Jeep, I traded it in for a Town and Country. Luckily, the vehicle I bought doesn't have the rain sense, thank God.
:scared: The dealer couldn't find the problem? Shocking. :biggrin:

As long as you are healthy and happy what does it really matter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My wife & I had a Town & Country. They are Great cars/minivans.

·
Registered
731 Posts
So far, I love the T&C. I've pucheased around 40 new vehicles in my lifetime. This is the first that I haven't found any problems are have any complaints. Maybe, Chrysler finally is getting it right.

·
Registered
435 Posts

missed it, what was wrong with the windshield? If it was leaking, I'm familiar with this problem-hence why I ask- there is no easy fix for it (same goes with wind noise- infact the wind noise will lead to leaking) I used to sell J/C/D and we had many wondshields like this. IT IS A FACTORY DEFECT. We've actually swapped cars with a few folks because of this, if you just got it you might start contacting regional reps to get to work on something quick.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thw w/s was fine. My problem was with the stupid rain sense wipers. When needed they would work for let say five minutes, then just stop. I went through all sorts of girations to attempt to get the problem corrected. The most frustrating part was replacing a perfectly good w/s because the damn lens that enabled the rain-sense module was incorporated into the glass.

What a G/D dumb engineering debacle. Anyway. if you look through the search function, you can see the b/s that I went through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts