Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the flip flop trunk kit that autoloc makes? Its supposed to be 100% bolt on. If you have pics they would be appreciated!

·
Registered
435 Posts
this is NOT a bolt on, it works for the prior (Intrepid) style 300, your would have to have a square tube type trunk mount, our are flat hinge style mounts, You can do the same with some heavy duty hinges and couple longer pieces of reinforced metal rods, I had a friend add some pneumatic hood lift to keep it up to... good luck, not to hard to do.

·
Registered
848 Posts
this is NOT a bolt on, it works for the prior (Intrepid) style 300, your would have to have a square tube type trunk mount, our are flat hinge style mounts, You can do the same with some heavy duty hinges and couple longer pieces of reinforced metal rods, I had a friend add some pneumatic hood lift to keep it up to... good luck, not to hard to do.
Hey T8STY-1! You wouldn't happen to have any pics of your friend's set-up would you?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
False advertisement...Good thing I didnt buy the kit! Thanx. If any one has done this mod I would still like to see some pics

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey TMS, didn't mean to iggy you on the request for pics, I'll check my lap top to see if the pics are there. If not, I'll be doing the same to my baby here in a couple weeks and I'll post pics of my set up and step to get there.

GregLev, what mod are you talking about?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey TMS, didn't mean to iggy you on the request for pics, I'll check my lap top to see if the pics are there. If not, I'll be doing the same to my baby here in a couple weeks and I'll post pics of my set up and step to get there.

Thanks T8STY-1...I look forward to seeing it! :fing02: I considered something like that but couldn't find the peices to make it happen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,
okay, actually I was not talking about this flip-flop solution.

But...
I am thinking about an mechanism that will allow to open the trunk completly without pushing it by hand. You simply push the button on the remote and the trunk pops up.

Hope you understand?

Regards,
gregLEV

·
Registered
435 Posts
you mean fully open the trunk, like n actuator or just something that pops it open?like 'door poppers' ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, that´s exactly what I´m meaning.

Did someone make this mod on his 300C? A bolt-on solution would be just perfect - without drilling and welding anything :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow, big order, nothing really that would require no welding or drilling. at the least you could add gnumatic lifts (like the one your hood uses. placement would be your only concer for it to lift automatically when opened. otherwise you could combine it with poppers, other than that your looking at linear actuators, and some welding, wiring, and maybe fabing... good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts