Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that they get interference on the FM band when braking with a pair of Autolumination Tower II stop/tail LED's?

I've taken the bulbs out and turned them around (they work both ways) and it makes no difference.

It's liveable, my mobile causes interference if I place it in the cup holder too.

I've also noticed when braking with these LED's (car stationary, engine off) that I get an audible click from under the gear shifter, I guess that's where the electronics are and would tie in with the fact that the radio antenna cable runs through there too?

Stef

·
Registered
979 Posts
this is bizarre i am running leds in my brakes and never had such a problem, i think your problem is more in depth but cant pinpoint it. Almost like your radio antenna is touching a ground or something or possibly not plugged into the back of the radio all of the way. IDK but this should happen

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I had a different problem with their SMT27 Towers, I contacted them and they exchanged them for the SMT30 Towers and solved the problem.
Turnes out the 27s were grounding out the parking lights and when I turned on the blinker, in either direction all the parking lights would flash. The 30s don't have that issue.
I didn't get the 30s in the first place bacause I thought they would be longer and not fit, not the case, their the same size.
I am using them up front in the blinker/parking lamp and very happy with the new set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts