Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Anyone ever replace their US 300C side mirrors with the electric/auto side folding mirrors that are in other countries? I'm interested in doing this to my US 300C car that I drive around in Japan in which I have a great need for so I can stop manually folding the mirros in myself every time I get out of the car.

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...the mirrors you seek can be purchased here in Australia for approx AU$600ea plus shipping. You need to ensure that your exisisting wiring loom and plug adapter are compatible otherwise there will be some serious electrical work required. Does your interior mirror door switch have the fold icon printed on it? You might need the switches also, im guessing you will.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
power fold mirrors

yes we will need mirrors & switch,:arms: how much is that US. Can you give Part # :arms: for the mirrors and switch. Do your mirrors have puddle lights,in-mirror sigles, heated,and with auto dim features?

·
Registered
738 Posts
$600 Australian dollars = $600 USA Dollars give or take a few cents, the dollar sucks on the world market right now. Just got back from three weeks vacation over there. Still freaked out over paying $6.00 for two slices of toast in Sydney. (not to mention $22.00 for a six pack of XXXX beer) Pretty country, nice people, ungodly expensive.

·
Registered
585 Posts
...the mirrors you seek can be purchased here in Australia for approx AU$600ea plus shipping. You need to ensure that your exisisting wiring loom and plug adapter are compatible otherwise there will be some serious electrical work required. Does your interior mirror door switch have the fold icon printed on it? You might need the switches also, im guessing you will.
$600 is pretty steep but if I decide to ship my car to Japan next year, I'll buy them from you:)

·
Registered
585 Posts
:) Anyone ever replace their US 300C side mirrors with the electric/auto side folding mirrors that are in other countries? I'm interested in doing this to my US 300C car that I drive around in Japan in which I have a great need for so I can stop manually folding the mirros in myself every time I get out of the car.

Thanks..
Do you know how much they cost at the dealer in Japan?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
or even in europe hopefully someone from outside england can tell us because we all know how expensive england is lol.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
dont know, we dont have them on our cars, we have the same manual fold mirrors you have in the us

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
i was also given a price of $850.00 each mirror in Australia not counting the cost of a switch and shipping. uog i don't wan't to think what thy may cost in Japan. my son was there a couple of years ago he said a apple cost $15.00

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
The list of features on the '06 300C I just bought included power folding side mirrors.

And note, I am in the US.

However, my mirrors do not fold automatically. Is there something I need to do to manually hit a switch or something to fold them? My mirror control knob apparently only allows for control of the actual mirrors tilting on both sides, but not to fold them in.

I also checked the Personal Settings on the computer and couldn't find anything to turn such a feature on.

Either the dealer had a suspicious typo in the description, or I'm an idiot and can't figure it out.

Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
That just means the mirrors fold in, but by pulling them in or by nailing the side of your garage or something. The power folding feature is only available on cars that aren't built for North America. If you want power folding mirrors you'll have to get them from someone who lives overseas or see if a dealer will ship them to the US. Then you'll also need the mirror switch. From there I don't know whether you'd need the wiring harness or not.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah. on YOUR car, the mirrors themselves are power, and the housing does fold...but they don't fold automatically. Your car would be so JDM if you got'em tho.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Yep, you are right. I guess "Power Folding Side Mirrors" was worded creatively - or at least the way I read it.

Should have been listed as "Power Side Mirrors & Folding Side Mirrors" or something.

Would have been nice to have, but after seeing how much they cost, I can definitely go without them.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts