It happens to me too. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Haven't figured out the combo yet or why it would be a problem. On my S430 it wouldn't go up all the way sometimes...go figure!
Found it: Thanks for the search idea!
*** How-To Posts are here! ***
reconnect your battery, reset and center your steering wheel, and reset balky power windows:
Note: This reconnection procedure is to be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.
1. Connect the battery negative cable (2) to the battery post and tighten the clamp nut.
2. Install the rear compartment floor trim panel.
CAUTION: Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information also as applicable:
AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then drive the window all the way down to the bottom.
ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.