Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
They can't be to short ? They are the right length because that's what is in the fusebox , the part that's in the insulated half (fuse) is long enough to solder onto , & that keeps the end that goes back into the fuse box is the length it was to start with

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
The nice thing about buying on eBay is they are already made up with a fitting on the end, all i need to do is add shrink wrap, so I measure the fuse terminal or you can give me the correct size to order from the eBay UK site I showed (remember I am in Norway we do not have these options to buy, it really is hard to find things here, about the only car shops we have here are Biltema, one of those Chinese made Cheap price shops, there is a lot of us non electro's out here so the simpler the better

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Pm me your address & I will put a kit together for you & post it over at cost

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Good job fellas. I saw this developing in the other thread. And thanks for summarizing it here.

It's now added to my list.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Ok, <i tried to break s fuse but the blades are too short, need longer BLADE terminals, any on Amazon? or Ebay?. I'll try Ebay
Pictures attached , sorry about the quality I took them with my I Phone , cut the insulation off the fuse , cut out the fuse link , solder wires & heatshrink

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi
Just put mine in today
Thanks Phaseone

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Good news , did you use the soldered terminal on the wire or the crimps ? & delivered in under 3 weeks ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi
I used crimps, and used electrical tape to surround the relay

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi
Put your fuse back in all was OK till I drove an stoppped an then the engine light came back on, need to bypass it,again. Wonder why it works on petrol an not diesel? CRD maybe has a different fuse for reset? Kaiser should know or MerlTech? Anyway the thread is different the your kit, it says to use a 30 amp relay and use the 25 amp fuse from the fuse box, would not make any difference would it? since the light came back on I will check the codes an send them to you. IMO I think its the wrong fuse for reset?

Regards

·
Registered
644 Posts
With the mod P068a = ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
can't imagine that there won't be more problems with this. I'd be really interested to hear back in a year from the early adopters.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Why would there be problems ? It's no different for all the other ignition fed electronic in the car

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi
Any other users do this mod yet?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Actuall this was supposebly done in 2008 a kit made
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/european-diesel-powered-300-models/50649-pulling-fuse-11-a-3.html
Below is the post
One of my biggest disappointments with the SRT8's was the way they shift and bog down in everyday traffic.

Well, no more. I had my SRT8 dyno tuned this last weekend and the tuner (Performance Dyno Tuning - Oakdale CA) suggested I install their new kit which automatically resets fuse 11 each time you start the car. It essentially resets the transmission every time I get in the car. It is working perfectly so far and saves me the trouble of having to remember to pull fuse 11.

I wrote to the member to ask his experience wit the kit he got,hopefully he still has a set of insrtuctions

If someone can explain the the wording on this an why then I guess the problem can be corrected
With the mod DTC P068a = ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
theres a thread on the Australian forum which adds a small mechanical switch to the setup to bypass the mod in case of problems

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/au...cally-pull-fuse-11-use-relay.html#post1015100

an interesting query was "what happens if the relay fails at speed?"

FYI we pulled the fuse on 5 CRDs last weekend & then raced them, without any problems (using pliers)

the error message reads like the power through the fuse is disrupted at some point. I'd be inclined to duplicate the relay, & use a mechanical switch in the cabin so it only breaks the fuse circuit when you want it too ie, the relay defaults to 'closed' at all times, except when the circuit is manually broken

·
Registered
644 Posts
So do as the Aussi did or delete relay and replace it with a mechanical switch in the cabin? This is above me need pics,instructions. The swtich the Aussi made can also be run to the interior? Is the problem the relay? Looks like I need to pay more attention to the Aussi section:)
Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
See notes on the article maybe this is why on the CRD I am throwing With the mod DTC P068a = ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early, occurding to the note a diode in needed on the relay to prevent this de-energized occurence?

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So do as the Aussi did or delete relay and replace it with a mechanical switch in the cabin? This is above me need pics,instructions. The swtich the Aussi made can also be run to the interior? Is the problem the relay? Looks like I need to pay more attention to the Aussi section:)
Thanks

I think this was Phaseone's first solution

21 - 40 of 75 Posts