Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 300C. When I use autostick it only shows gears 1 through 4. Does that mean that I have a four speed transmission? I was under the impression that the 300C came standard with a 5 speed transmission.

Thanks.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
sethlo said:
I have a new 300C. When I use autostick it only shows gears 1 through 4. Does that mean that I have a four speed transmission? I was under the impression that the 300C came standard with a 5 speed transmission.

Thanks.
It is a 5 speed. The autostick just gives you a more agressive option for the first 4 gears. Enjoy!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Autostick

sethlo said:

Thanks.
When you shift up the ladder you have noticed that indicator goes 1-4 then on to "D". "D" = 5 th in autostick mode.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
sethlo said:

Thanks.

when you hold it in "4" and then shift up to "D" it should go into 5th gear, assuming you are going fast enough; you can feel it shift or watch the RPM's drop on the tach. There is no way ( on a 'regular' C) to hold 5th gear manually, as there is on the SRT8. But it definitely is a 5 speed automatic.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
charlie D said:
When you shift up the ladder you have noticed that indicator goes 1-4 then on to "D". "D" = 5 th in autostick mode.
Well that's "kinda" true; "D" actually is the fully automatic mode, which will allow the transmission to shift into 5th gear at the appropriate speed. There is no way to hold 5th Manually in the C, but you can in the SRT8; it actually shows "5" and THEN the next step is "D".

Same transmission, just different software and autostick functions; they are both 5 speed automatics for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts