Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere I read I hear that there is an auxiliary port on the 2006 touring models, however I am unable to find one anywhere. I'm wondering if since it has the built in navigation and 6 CD/MP3 changer it might not have one? Is there wiring in the back and any type of aftermarket jack I could buy to wire it up when I wire an amp into the headunit that came built in? Please help! Just bought this baby a week ago and it's my first real car and I'm itching to work on it. Thanks and cheers!::biggrin::

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any aftermarket product I can wire into the back of the unit to have an aux or Bluetooth capabilities similar to the uConnect?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
I am not aware of any. There are adapter harnesses to facilitate a 3.5mm aux in port to the back of that unit. PacAudio makes one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for help, im looking into them right now. If you have any suggestions on specific part feel free to post a link. I'm not sure if the one you tune into radio frequency requires a signal from a local radio station to have a clear stream from your phone music or how that affects it.

·
19,574 Posts
The FM transmitter uses a FM frequency that is not used by local stations and requires the installation of a switch, if I remember correctly, to use that part of the harness circuit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does that mean if the fm signal is bad that there will be bad feedback when you try to play music from your phone? or is the quality the same anywhere is I guess what my biggest concern is. I don't want something that isn't going to put out good quality. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
19,574 Posts
Yes, that is what happened to me. The harness feeds a signal from your device (I was using an A&K 100 high res player) through to a circuit that taps into the FM side of the head unit. If FM is interfered with, so is the signal from the playing device. Frankly, it sucked...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok that's what I figured damn idk what to do the navi dash and everything already in it is too nice to swap out imo

·
19,574 Posts
I understand that. I may eventually get fed up enough with it to replace it with an Alpine.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
There isn't a bluetooth input available, but as Maddog mentioned the PAC AAI-CHY is a clean alternative to adding aux inputs. In fact it will give you 2 such inputs.

Since you have an '06, you could add a Uconnect module for bluetooth (not sure I would do that, but it is an option).

As Maddog also mentioned, he decided to go Alpine. I would highly suggest that route as well (or Kenwood or Pioneer). Any of those would get you the additional inputs (including USB input, ipod control, and bluetooth) you are looking for.

Make sure to use the proper adapter harness to keep your steering wheel controls and you are good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are no steering wheel controls with my car, do you think I'd be able to sell the navigation unit I remove from the car to offset the costs of the new headunit?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Not sure what the current market is, but some may look for them to upgrade their systems that didn't come with navigation.

If you know whether your car has an amp or not it may change the harness needed to adapt the radio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts