Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Average wait time

I was just wondering what the avergae wait time is these days. I ordered my 300c on 6/29. I just checked with my dealer this weekend and I'm still in BX! :( He said that I'll probably get the car mid August. I think he's on crack. When should I really expect to have my car? I can't wait much longer!

matts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I ordered on 6/1 and was told to expect delivery in approximately 10 weeks. As of this morning my "C" left the railyard by truck in southern California on 7/23 and is on its way to the dealer.
Hopefully I'm lookin' at having it in a day or two.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I ordered on 5/24 and mine was built 7/19. It's now somewhere between Orlando and my dealer in Clearwater. I should have it in a day or two.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine on 6/29 as well. Magnesium with every option available. DCX told me last Friday that I was still BX. If I see it before next year, I'll be happy; considering I purchased it for less than sticker!

-Mike

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ordered 4/27, delivered 6/25, two days shy of 8 weeks. The car did sit in storage for three weeks prior to the 25 June. I do have sunroof and mine was ordered in Canada so maybe there is a quota on both sides of border. I can tell you that there is not a C to be found in my area at this time and dealers can't get them as they are building fast and furious for the US market.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Built Date has change 1x so far from 7/23 now told I should have it early August! We will see since there's only 5 days left in this month!

·
Registered
136 Posts
You will have a better idea when you will have the vehicle once it goes into d1 status. Which is firm schedule. You are assigned a build and ship date at that time. then you are about 3-4 weeks away from the build date.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As you may have seen in my other thread, my car was shipped 7/19. It's been sitting at a shipping depot right here in Buffalo for the past 7 days. I went to the depot to see if I could spot it, and there were dozens of car transporters sitting in the lot with 300's and Magnums. Hopefully, I'll have it by the end of this week, but it's really anyone's guess.

P.S. My car was ordered around June 10th, so overall, my wait time hasn't been bad. :eek:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Ordered May 27.
Went to D on July 6.
At that time Chrysler said estimated build day end of July.

On July 19 Chrysler says build date moved to first week of August.
Seeing PixelPusher's post, I am now expecting my estimated build date will have been pushed to 8/17.

I don't get why they keep pushing the estimated build date?
Are there production problems where the actual number of completed units per day have declined?
Are they trying to fix the right-pull and/or other problems, thus slowing down daily output?

I was reading about a month ago they were building around 400-500 per shift.
Since they are working 2 shifts they should be building 800-1000 per day.
It would seem that it would be very easy to forecast a build date.

Or is there some insidious system where orders are being slipped in ahead of the Que? This would explain why the estimated build date keeps moving out because they are never sure where/when they are going to insert cars ahead of the Que.

Questions, Questions, Questions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
6/29 for me too. Been in BX for three weeks now. I'm ready to move to the next status. I've worn BX out. ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well, I think I might have you all beat. Chrysler got my order on 4/12! I am now in my 16th week It was BG forever (sunroof) went "D" around July 6 - scheduled build last week of July, and as of last week Wednesday was still "D." I am going to call tomorrow or Wednesday and hope that it is D1. I don't think it could just be D last week and be built this week as they said it was supposed to be.

Has anyone been put on hold by Chrysler for more than 16 weeks??

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered on April 17. DC says build date of Aug. 19 but "don't hold them to that". It is obvious they are not building according to order date.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a vehicle that was ordered in November of 2003 and is still in JS status. No help for Chrysler in getting it any faster. Now I have a customer service nightmare on my hands, when the vehicle finally does arrive.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Hey you guys, if it is any consolation, I contacted an old work collegue who now works for DaimlerChrysler here in Australia to try and get some inside gossip on when the 300C would be release and what the price would be. The real bad news for me is it seems to be slipping for us with the release in OZ forecast for Q4 2005 :mad: and the price is creeping up too :mad:

The media originally said release would be late 2004, then May 2005.

You reckon you got problems?

·
Registered
281 Posts
:) :) :) Chrysler must read this board and apparently discerned my growing anger. Finally, after 16 weeks, I am D1!!!!! The tentative ship date is August 6. I can feel the momentum building...

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I know the feeling, good luck, don't put too much stock in these ship dates only to be disappointed. My ship date changed 4 times and I called DC and was told my car was still in Canada. That very same day less than two hours later the dealer called and told me my car was being prepped!!! and when could I pick it up. They closed at 5 and I had to wait until the next morning. So you never know, it may be sooner than you think.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was wondering how long?

Just discovered your forum and glad I did. I ordered my Lava Red 300C, loaded, on May 5 and have been advised that I am in D status. I was hoping to get my hemi by mid-August, but I am losing hope. Is it true that the sunroof and hemi combination is causing a delay? Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 303 Posts