Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys looking into getting some HID's for my touring. still doing a lot of research before any purchase. a lot of people are getting these kits from HIDGATE (ebay) which has a bulblife of +3500. just wanted to know whats the norm for most HID kits stock and aftermarket. how about the ones from AAC? wouldn't hurt if some info on a good place to buy is included! thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am in the same boat as you... dependability outways affordability sometimes and while many people have jumped on the HIDgate bandwagon here recently I am very hesitant to do so....

One of the supporting vendors that I am considering is StealthAuto... they have a lifetime guarantee on their product... they cost a bit more but if anything goes wrong they have helped out other members on this forum.... I know GoofyTimL HIGHLY recommends them, not to put words in his mouth but he praises them in other discussions on here.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yes I do Highly Recommend the Stealth Auto products - not just bulbs and HIDs (and no... I don't work for them! LOL).

Aaron is a stand up guy, and has sent me replacement bulbs (not HIDs yet) right away for my 300C side markers when one burnt out and one didn't work as received. They also sent replacement side marker lens to many people when a trend of leaking and moisture entrapment became apparent (primarily with the passenger side lenses).

With respect to lifetime... the H.E. has stock HIDs and is starting it's third year with us and over 29k miles. Not one headlight problem.

The MSRT8 has had Stealth Auto HIDs in the headlamps since last June, and occassionally I'll notice one side or the other didn't light on the first start-up. All it takes is Off and then On again on the light switch and the non-working bulb fires right up. I've had their HID fogs in the MSRT8 for less time, since Oct. IIRC... again no issues... and a perfect 6000k match to their headlamp bulbs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've heard the HID bulbs last 5x's as much as stock bulbs. I got the HID kit for the lows through stealthauto and the fog's through HIDGATE. No problems so far! Regardless of whom you chose, you wont be dissapointed with the change from OEM lights.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to know guys. still want to know the lifetime of most HID bulbs out there.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
my brother has been running his aftermarket HID kit in his NSX for 7 years now. in my expedition, my bulbs lasted three years before one side went out. i always switch both bulbs to keep uniformity of color.

so, the longevity of a HID bulb is dependent of vehicle to vehicle.

i feel safe in saying the bulbs should last you at least a couple years.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i went with flowlighing from oznuim back in 2005, they are still burning perfect on my explorer. i have gone thru one bulb but i think that was my fault.

i have recently been buying all my HIDs off ebay, for me if they last a year or 2 at $80 its worth it. and so far the ebays i've been running have lasted more then a year. so IMO go with what you feel will work..but i think they are all about the same.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Philips which is an OEM suppler of HID bulbs/ballast rates their bulbs/ballasts at approx 2000-2500 hours. It honestly depends on how often you drive with your lights on. Generally speaking though HID bulbs do last longer than halogen bulbs as they do not have a filament. As a result, they are not susceptible to road vibrations which is usually the cause for most halogen bulbs to go out. In terms of aftermarket HID kits, it really depends on the quality of the components used in the kit you purchase. Stick with reliable vendors when purchasing products for your vehicle.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Our kits last a lifetime so there's no need to worry at all. Plus, we always stand behind our products. :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts