Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this is a 300 forum, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has more than one toy! I also have a 2007 Yukon...and I just installed a AVIC D3, does anyone know how to bypass the unit so i can watch the dvd while it's in drive?? Someone has to know!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok I know this is a 300 forum, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has more than one toy! I also have a 2007 Yukon...and I just installed a AVIC D3, does anyone know how to bypass the unit so i can watch the dvd while it's in drive?? Someone has to know!
AVIC411.com All kinds of hacks and mods and information about the unit. Basically you move the mute pin to the pin above it and ground it and the parking wire but there are much better explanations and pictures on that website.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Off topic.......I saw your name and was like "Yeah. He's from Texas." LOVE IT MAYNE

·
Registered
107 Posts
hey, are d3's THAT bad? all I see is threads about having issues with the unit...I just got one the other day and haven't taken it out of the box yet so I still have a chance to return it...

·
Registered
470 Posts
hey, are d3's THAT bad? all I see is threads about having issues with the unit...I just got one the other day and haven't taken it out of the box yet so I still have a chance to return it...
I dont think so i have one. I've been using it for the past year and it never gave me any problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a D3 in every car I own (3) and they are good for the Money, they are sub $1,000 unit that has a lot of bells and whistles along with it's problems too. some of the biggest complaints are the single cd issue (mapping on the DVD/not being able to listen to a CD at the same time) but it would cost almost double to get a harddrive system with the maps on the HD. The mapping and points of interest are the second biggest complaint sometimes you will get very screwed up directions and doing a point of interest search is a pain in the ass. Finally Pioneer's support of their Nav systems has something left to be desired. But with that said I'm very pleased with them for the money I spent.

As gallman69 said above if you go to AVIC411.com you can get a full picture of the systems capibilites and short commings.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a D3 in every car I own (3) and they are good for the Money, they are sub $1,000 unit that has a lot of bells and whistles along with it's problems too. some of the biggest complaints are the single cd issue (mapping on the DVD/not being able to listen to a CD at the same time) but it would cost almost double to get a harddrive system with the maps on the HD. The mapping and points of interest are the second biggest complaint sometimes you will get very screwed up directions and doing a point of interest search is a pain in the ass. Finally Pioneer's support of their Nav systems has something left to be desired. But with that said I'm very pleased with them for the money I spent.

As gallman69 said above if you go to AVIC411.com you can get a full picture of the systems capibilites and short commings.
i agree with everything you stated. i didn't go with a higher-end unit like the z2, because i just didn't need think it was worth it imo. the single disc slot is annoying, but i solved that for 100 bucks by getting a 6 disc changer and installing it in my center console. it turns out i didnt even really need it, since i just listen to sirius and my ipod most of the time. the only other major differences are a screen thats 0.9" bigger (from 6.1" to 7") and a hard drive. if you have an ipod, the built in hdd is kind of overkill, esp since you can't download music to the hdd from the ipod - it has to be from a cd. overall i am very happy with my d3 and i have had zero problems with it. i got it for a steal of a price too - 630 bucks shipped for the d3x package, which included the d3 receiver, ipod cable, and bluetooth. definitely a great value for the money, and has worked out perfectly for my own personal needs and uses.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i dont mind the single cd b/c i listen to my ipod. i dont even have cd's in the car. the only time i use the slot is for dvd's or the navi dvd. i transfer all my music to my ipod. way better than cd.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i agree with everything you stated. i didn't go with a higher-end unit like the z2, because i just didn't need think it was worth it imo. the single disc slot is annoying, but i solved that for 100 bucks by getting a 6 disc changer and installing it in my center console. it turns out i didnt even really need it, since i just listen to sirius and my ipod most of the time. the only other major differences are a screen thats 0.9" bigger (from 6.1" to 7") and a hard drive. if you have an ipod, the built in hdd is kind of overkill, esp since you can't download music to the hdd from the ipod - it has to be from a cd. overall i am very happy with my d3 and i have had zero problems with it. i got it for a steal of a price too - 630 bucks shipped for the d3x package, which included the d3 receiver, ipod cable, and bluetooth. definitely a great value for the money, and has worked out perfectly for my own personal needs and uses.
to me, all the extras i got with the Z2. was worth the extra $200. but i seem to spend alot of money. lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
to me, all the extras i got with the Z2. was worth the extra $200. but i seem to spend alot of money. lol
what i need to know is....how did you get a z2 for $800 :scared: the cheapest z2 i could find was at least $1200-$1300, about $600-$700 more than the d3 package i found. did you buy new or used?

·
Registered
931 Posts
what i need to know is....how did you get a z2 for $800 :scared: the cheapest z2 i could find was at least $1200-$1300, about $600-$700 more than the d3 package i found. did you buy new or used?
when i bought mine. the D3 was still 800-900. i bought my Z2 at sonicelectonix.com for 1099$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts