Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i will not have the evic directional display if i go to the Avic-z2 and i will not have the radio station read out, but would i lose anything else in teh evic display?

thanks
B

·
Registered
57 Posts
You lose all CD Navigation and uconnect controls. From what I hear you retain everything else. You can still retain your steering wheel controls for both evic and your new avic-z2 (I am not 100% on this though since I have not installed mine yet). I also am interested in how the Evic steering wheel contols and my Stereo steering wheel controls interact when I hit buttons...

·
Registered
979 Posts
You lose all CD Navigation and uconnect controls. From what I hear you retain everything else. You can still retain your steering wheel controls for both evic and your new avic-z2 (I am not 100% on this though since I have not installed mine yet). I also am interested in how the Evic steering wheel contols and my Stereo steering wheel controls interact when I hit buttons...

if you currently have evic and steering wheel controls with your old oem radio the should automatically just start working as soon as you plug in the rec. The nav will have displays on the evic. And the steering wheel functions will do what they did before. change the source, song, volume etc. If for some reason your steering wheel controls arent working or nothing is appearing on the evic you will have to go to the dealer and have them turn these functions on with there starscan tool. I luckily didnt have this problem but if you do expect to pay an hours labor for them to turn the functions on, unless your dealer is really cool then may do it for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts