Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer today to start my purchase of a new 300c and I was aksing about the AWD. They told me it would be a few months before they get one. I live in Jersey. Anybody have any info on this? I've been reading posts with people out there who already have the AWD.

Thanks,

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
Not sure what part of NJ you are in, but it looks like the AWD will start being made again as a 2006 model. Should be early to mid march date from what Welcome 1 on the forum told me. In my opinion I would go for the Rear wheel drive. Even if I didn't order an SRT 8, I would have ordered a RWD 300c. The weather isn't that bad in NJ and considering the horrible gas mileage with the AWD as well as the ugly wheels that you can't replace and the horrific ride height, the decision is easy. Look at the thread of someone selling their AWD to buy another RWD. They probably agree. Best of luck to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Nj

Also in NJ and getting AWD any day. RW is not great in the snow. Mileage is not going to be as good, but who cares. The gap everyone talks about isn't that bad. We do get enough snow most years to matter in some parts of the state. I will be getting some of the last 05 cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
the horrible gas mielage with the AWD as well as the ugly wheels that you can't replace and the horrific ride height, the decision is easy.
plain stupid, but yet again just your 2c worth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
mmmmm127 said:
plain stupid, but yet again just your 2c worth
I wasn't aware that opinions of others would be called stupid. This forum is here for people to give their personal advice or opinions. One simply doesn't have to take them, but they are there all the same. I was all for the AWD before I realized the cons would outweigh the pros. Guess I should have stated, " Just my 2 cents" before I ended my reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
AWDs are Available

My nearest dealer has a couple on the lot; I drove one over the weekend.

I am a fan of AWD (I'm presently driving an AWD VW R32), but the AWD 300C looks a little goofy to me--it rides significantly higher than the 2WD version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Get what ever you want

Extreme,
Get what ever you want your the one that's going to drive it.
I know that Reedmans in bucks county PA had some,(215)757-4961
ask for bob kirk he sold me mine.
Anyway about this ride height and wheel gap and ugly wheels,who cares
if you love it get it,my wife of 10 years gained some weight(2 kids)and looks
a little bit older,but I still love her.....do you get my point.
I'm sure somebody is working alot of hours trying to come up with a cool wheel combo for the AWD,so wait it out and enjoy the ride.
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
welcome1 said:
Extreme,
Get what ever you want your the one that's going to drive it.
I know that Reedmans in bucks county PA had some,(215)757-4961
ask for bob kirk he sold me mine.
Anyway about this ride height and wheel gap and ugly wheels,who cares
if you love it get it,my wife of 10 years gained some weight(2 kids)and looks
a little bit older,but I still love her.....do you get my point.
I'm sure somebody is working alot of hours trying to come up with a cool wheel combo for the AWD,so wait it out and enjoy the ride.
Chris
Johnny vig,I'm in D2 with a ship date 2-10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
Welcome 1, are you getting an '05 or an '06?

Enjoy the ride!
An '05.
I just got my mudguards.they are at the paint shop now,I'm hoping being painted the color of the car it will help with the wheel gap.
Did you join the brampton site?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
welcome1 said:
An '05.
I just got my mudguards.they are at the paint shop now,I'm hoping being painted the color of the car it will help with the wheel gap.
Did you join the brampton site?
Haven't joined the brampton site yet, let us know if they know what is going on with the SRT 8 build.

As far as Joe 300C goes, he is one crazy guy............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Dude you got it all wrong!!

Let me explain something to you,my wife is still a great woman,(she went from 106 lbs to 119 lbs) that's fat ???.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
what's up with you

IT WAS ONLY A STORY...IT WAS ONLY A STORY... IT WAS ONLY A STORY.
do you understand.
oh and by the way what's your wife or boyfreind weight!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
your right

joe300c said:
let me get right on that. how about you just ignore it if you don't like my advice? no one's got a gun to your head to follow it - though I suspect it's just anger misdirected at me by the reality of your situation.. in any case this will be my last reply because now it's getting silly.

peace out!
joe your right it is getting silly,that's why I pm'ed you,do yourself a faver and check all the topics you replyed too..... it seems to me you don't have a clue about what your talking about...my last post also...like I said get your car and get off the site....PLEASE!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
No More From Me

Johnny Vig said:
I think you both have officially Hi-jacked this thread..........what was the Title of it again?????

One team one dream....we should build each other up on this forum, not tear down............
No more from me I promise
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
I wasn't aware that opinions of others would be called stupid. This forum is here for people to give their personal advice or opinions. One simply doesn't have to take them, but they are there all the same. I was all for the AWD before I realized the cons would outweigh the pros. Guess I should have stated, " Just my 2 cents" before I ended my reply.
Opining is one thing, but a diatribe on the AWD is frankly stupid and misinformed, given the fact that the ride height is identical to the other 300s, and the fuel consumption as measured by the official mpg is identical to the other hemi. Wheel options will obviously appear in due course (although the streotypical AWD buyer might be less toy inclined) and IMHO the accelation in the AWD seems superior to the RWD hemi. The AWD is the wifey's car and she remains thrilled by it. This rant of mine (truly) is not paranoia, just an attempt to correct yours and other delusions. Now go out and relax, and have a nice day.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top