Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to my buddy from the dyno shop today. They had a 600HP Maggie in on the dump and wound up talking about my project with the Maggie owner. I guess the guy said "make sure he doesn't do any AWD launches with the supercharger installed. The front is weak and will blow out". Does anybody know anything about this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
All builds I have seen have been rwd. I would think you would have to build not only the rear but the front on this thing seeing how it is awd. Just not something I have seen but I'm sure you need to make sure the front can handle all that power your gonna throw at it!

Sent from my junk Droid 2 Global

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All builds I have seen have been rwd. I would think you would have to build not only the rear but the front on this thing seeing how it is awd. Just not something I have seen but I'm sure you need to make sure the front can handle all that power your gonna throw at it!

Lol I haven't seen any either. I don't know of any companies out there that have anything for the front end. It was said that the transfer case would explode if I push that much power to it. Kind of a shame. Being AWD would mean high rpm launches would literally launch lol. I'll have to figure something out. Until then I guess I'll only play while in rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can turn the awd on and off?!

Pretty much. Supposedly using the trinity I can disengage theAWD. I'm not exactly sure if it's 100%but I do know when I do it the rear wheels kick and skip quite a bit more. I think I might have found some info on this though. I'll update once I've read some more.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Pretty much. Supposedly using the trinity I can disengage theAWD. I'm not exactly sure if it's 100%but I do know when I do it the rear wheels kick and skip quite a bit more. I think I might have found some info on this though. I'll update once I've read some more.

You may have something there! I never knew that... Learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
As an update I found out the other day, while at the dyno, that only 09 and newer can be completely disabled. For those of us with an 08 or older it's only partial. The only runs I could do were in third gear up to 70mph. This makes me sad as I now have to go to RDP for my dyno runs :(

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Your driveline is the same as an awd 300c... I know a guy who wasn't on the forums with an 06 awd hemi with a comp 268 and a procharger and he had no issues... Now that cam was not a preferred boost cam, but that's not the issue... He made some healthy numbers (be lying if I said I knew how much!) And last time I spoke to him nothing had broken... I would presume then that your car would be fine if calmed and boosted with nearing the same numbers... I know of no key either who builds front ends or transfer cases... :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your driveline is the same as an awd 300c... I know a guy who wasn't on the forums with an 06 awd hemi with a comp 268 and a procharger and he had no issues... Now that cam was not a preferred boost cam, but that's not the issue... He made some healthy numbers (be lying if I said I knew how much!) And last time I spoke to him nothing had broken... I would presume then that your car would be fine if calmed and boosted with nearing the same numbers... I know of no key either who builds front ends or transfer cases... :(

Oh yeah about that, I found a company that builds beefed up transfer cases too! They're $1700. I think I may be doing it as added insurance a little down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.