Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my AWD C's mileage sucks, yielding only 14.x MPG per tank (that's only a 260mile range :mad: !!!).

I’m kind of pissed off. I've been babying it for the last few tanks, too. :confused: I wanted to be able run it hard and get these figures (13-15MPG), not babying it to do so. When beating on my Cadillac Northstar I was getting 19-21MPG all 66,000 miles, running on 87octane, over the last two years of its life. It was no slouch with 300HP, either!

It doesn’t seem to be a pig at all, though. I run it at about 10-15% pedal position (as per the diagnostic mode OBD) with TONS of untapped potential. Coasting @ 75MPH is normal and it never feels sluggish. Feels like I can idle like that forever ;) 80MPH take a tiny bit of pedal, but that’s spinning the crank @ almost 2,800RPM.

How do YOUR AWD C's do?

I'm thinking that since the MDS is so smooth, I can’t even tell if it’s working. How can I tell, with stock exhaust, that it is kicking in? Is the cold weather/oil viscosity effecting its engagement? Is there a torque, speed or pedal position requirement for its disengagement?

I've posted some of these concerns in the ‘Fuel Economy’ Sticky thread, but do to its length (24pages); many members don't sift through it to read/respond.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
21 Posts
dta316 said:
How do YOUR AWD C's do?
Similar, but I am expecting improvement when car run in (Touareg improved 20% at about 3000miles and also much better if correct gas used, which is 87/89 for the VW)

·
Registered
81 Posts
13-16 MPG City

16 MPG City is when I go someplace on I-470 or I-670. Mileage in the city is usually 13-14.

All time best: 28 MPG (all Interstate travel)

City MPG will always be bad, as the C is usually running on all 8 pistons, with little chance to run for long on 4 pistons.

StCassel

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the posts guys :)

Although i'm bumbed about the mileage, i'm much happier knowing that it isn't just me!

I'll be reaching the 3000mile milestone in a couple more weeks, So I'll let you know how/if it progresses.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts