Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to write how thrilled I am with my awd 2007 300 during the snow storms here in B.C. and yes we did get plenty lol...I could drive up any hill or roads that havent been touched by a snowplow and never get stuck. It was no problem and felt like I had a 4wheel drive truck :biggrin: I seriously love my 300 :arms:

*cheers*

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's good to hear. I looked under mine and didn't see much ground clearance, especially under the engine area. How many inches of snow did you drive through? We didn't get any meaningful snowfall here in Maryland yet.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
New England Country (massachusetts) got like 8" ... i started off sliding around and spun out of control... (ON PURPOSE THAT IS)
AWD in the snow with traction control off makes for perfect axel slides ;) Warning only do in an empty parking lot...
I tried sliding it thought a gas station to avoid a red light and hit some ice and blew the car sideways infront of another one... thank god for awd front tires caught traction back tires launched me forwar... next thing i know i was back in the lane and driving fine!

So point of the story. Yes AWD has fine handling in the snow... but be careful and not have to much fun
(p.s. snow in the tires may cause it to freeze the brakes and show the ESP/BAS light... and then ice fall in wheel well and drive the car like you have a flat tire! Just giving a heads up to the rookies with a 300)

·
Registered
137 Posts
"I tried sliding it thought a gas station to avoid a red light and hit some ice and blew the car sideways infront of another one... thank god for awd front tires caught traction back tires launched me forwar... next thing i know i was back in the lane and driving fine!"

Note to self: Stay away from Sutton, MA when it's snowing. LOL
The best thing about AWD is that it hooks up instantly in the rain. Even corners taken a little too fast are handled without drama.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
This is great to hear so many good reports from our AWD owners on how well these vehicles work in winter-like conditions!

Thanks for sharing because often people ask about the AWD and I have no idea what to say. This will be a great reference!

Keep on adding your experiences! :fing02: Maybe we can eventually make this one a Sticky!
bruno

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife works for a local highway dept here in Milwaukee County and when she has to go she has to go. With all the snow we've had lately she loves her car. Her's is 2007 C 1st new car for her, and with all the incentives Chrysler has, I asked her if a 2009 would work for us, payments are not really a problem, and she said she loves her car and wouldn't part with it!!! For what it's worth.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Here's a quick vid of my AWD in action:
I was watching your vid and thinking, "Well, Hell. That hill's really not a big deal. I'd expect my RWD to be able to handle... Oh, crap! He stopped right in the middle of the upslope." :pat: Uh, no. Don't think I'd pull off quite that easily from there. Very nice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was watching your vid and thinking, "Well, Hell. That hill's really not a big deal. I'd expect my RWD to be able to handle... Oh, crap! He stopped right in the middle of the upslope." :pat: Uh, no. Don't think I'd pull off quite that easily from there. Very nice.
Hehehe .... yeah, if you watch closely you can tell that the rear-end got a little sideways when I first gave it gas to get going again, but it was such a slight move, that it's hard to notice .... :)

Yes, AWD rules ! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Drove my 300C AWD all last winter here in Western PA on the factory tires. I have to go up my driveway and down the hill on my side street to get to the interstate entrance. The only reason I would shovel the driveway was because my wife's MB SLK280 cannot go if there is ANY snow on the driveway - I mean like less that 1/2" and it is stuck. I'd go up after an 8" snowfall like it was dry cement.

Driving on the snowcovered Interstate (I-79/I-279) in the morning never bothered me, even though I was on it before the road crews could get to it (I go to work at 5:30am). Just remember that AWD does NOT EQUAL no sliding! Ice is ice, and it is just as slippery for 4 wheels as it is for 2 wheels! DROP YOUR SPEED IN BAD CONDITIONS!!! Getting somewhere 10 minutes later is better than waiting 45 minutes for the tow truck (if you were lucky!) and then figuring out how you'll pay for the damages..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get dodge mini vans stuck trying to get out of our underground parking all the time and then me waiting for the tow truck to tow them out of the way...thumbs down to the manager for not keeping the ramp salted and shoveled!! I do giggle to myself watching them watching me as I drive up without no problems and away I go...hehe we dont get much snow out here in Vancouver but this year has been a exception and we are close to breaking the all-time mark for snow in December of 80.7 centimetres set in 1996 at the Vancouver Airport with more to come. So having my AWD has been a blessing over and over this year. Womens best friend I say!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
This great "AWD Discussion" thread has been made a Sticky in the "General Discussion" section! Congratulations on a much needed topic for this forum! You'll find it in the top blue-colored section of that section near the top at this time.

bruno

1 - 20 of 230 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.