Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
should just have the ESP button to turn it off...
rumor that something else shuts off if you put it in nuetral over 35mph and turn the key it manually resets something.
Either way best practice on spinning tire is to wait for snow unfortunately

·
Registered
643 Posts
One more reason who I'm happy I chose the AWD
Don't have to replace tires as much as the RWD guys do.....LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is AWD selectable

Greetings from a new member here in the Great (wet) Northwest.

Have been reading this forum as we are in the market for a 300C. We tried out the RWD V-8 version yesterday and loved it - but we are interested in getting the AWD V-8 due to the fact that we occasionally need to cross the Cascades in winter.

From what I have read here thus far, folks who have the AWD versions love em.

Now to my question: Is the AWD feature selectable? In other words, can you take it out of AWD like you can with a 4WD vehicle and save wear and tear on the drivetrain/tires or is it full time?

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas to all.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hope I get this right.

I normal daily driving it will be in RWD.

If needed, it will switch to AWD, examples would be one of the wheels is slipping or it is raining out side.

Now, you can enable AWD by switching out of Drive into any gear, and AWD will kick in.

If you turn on the Wipers, again in the rain, AWD will kick in.

I think but I am not sure but at ~37 degrees, AWD drive will kick in.

Now if you want to stop the AWD, you can only do this if you enabled it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hope I get this right.

If needed, it will switch to AWD, examples would be one of the wheels is slipping or it is raining out side.

Now, you can enable AWD by switching out of Drive into any gear, and AWD will kick in.

I think I understand most of it. Can you select RWD only - even in rain or does the car automatically revert to AWD? Is there a button or switch that allows you to select AWD or RWD?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope I get this right.

Are you sure?

I had think it is full time awd and there is no switch or etc to enabled it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So, a 2009 or newer is driver selectable then?
Kinda. If you're using Autostick it engages the AWD I believe.

Also, if the wipers are on or if it's 38 degrees outside or less, the AWD will automatically kick on.

There's also been reported by one 09+ owner that by doing the turn-key-while-moving trick, when the ABS/BAS lights come on, the AWD system also gets shut down.

No proof of that though ...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just had my first chance to test out my AWD in the snow since buying it back in April, and all I can say is WOW!!! Well, that's not all I can say, obviously, but it does sum things up nicely. We got 12-14 inches of snow last night and I was able to back the car out of the driveway and take a quick jaunt around the block and back into the driveway with no problems whatsoever. On the way back, I passed a front-wheel wagon spinning its wheels hopelessly in the middle of the street... :biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still new to the 300 family. Just picked up an '06 300C AWD two months ago. I went from new all-season tires to 4 new Bridgestone Blizzaks last week and the difference is RIDICULOUS! I was slipping and sliding all over the place with the all-seasons, whether it was accelerating, braking, or just plain straight line driving in the snow. I can actually feel the tires digging in when I hit the gas now. I'd recommend AWD and proper winters for anybody who lives in cold and snowy climates!!

181 - 200 of 230 Posts