Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
so, what is the concensus from everyone for the top snow capable tires out there? Got an 07 300C AWD and the cooper tires that are on it make me feel like i am all over the place. Up here in the frozen north, need something that can handle the snow and ice, but would like a tire that works fine in the summer (ie- good tread life)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cainlord,
I have an 300C AWD as well. I highly recommend the Bridgestone Blizzaks. The difference is incredible when you have proper winter tires, and with all the wonky weather that's across North America these days, they're definitely worth the $600 you'll spend on them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, the Blizzaks are good snow/ice tires.

I got a set of Firestone Winterforce snows on my stock rims for the winter months for my car .... couldn't pass the deal on the tires ... Tire Rack had some that didn't say "Firestone" on them, but still Winterforce ... $59 each couldn't be beat :biggrin:

.......... And they work awesome :)

:biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
they still have those knockoffs?

Also, what do you guys recommend as the best All season tire as far as its capabilities in the winter? I know it won't be good like a snow tire, but would like to know though.

Thanks again.

other than this tire issue (Cooper CS4s on there right now), love my car.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I have Hankook winter iPike w409s on mine for winter. Freakin awesome tire =)

·
Registered
27 Posts
anyone know of a good place that sells some cheap cost rims that will work on the 300C AWD?

For those of you with the TPMS and don't use sensors on the rims you use with your winter tires, what does the system do when it doesn't detect it? does it warn you and then go away or is it constantly annoying you?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Your location would help us direct you to good winter tires. Discount Tire is always a good bet though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just wanted to say that so far I am really loving the way my 300C AWD handles in the snow. It's pretty nasty outside right now, but I had to run some errands. There's a hill near my house that always cause my FWD Pontiac Bonneville to slide all over the place in conditions like this, but the 300C went up it smooth as butter with no drama whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Ya no kidding, this mini storm caused alot of traffic on the Mass Pike
I left my gf's house in NewHaven, CT at 5:15am got to work in Hopkington, MA at 9am WTF!?
for the most part people were moving along around at 40mph, i chose to pass them at 50ish?
then had to due 5mph on the pike when it became bumper to bumper :pat:

·
Registered
27 Posts
located in North Dakota, so we get some good amounts of snow, ice, etc. This year has been a bit worse on the roads than usual.

Right now I am just torn between getting some really great all-season tires, versus some winter tires. with the cost of Rims that would work on the car, a bit cost prohibitive to do that. But, seems they about charge an arm and a leg to do a tire swap, so makes me wonder if going the rims + tires snow setup route would be the best?

anyway, right now I am leaning towards some all-season tires. the CS4 Coopers I have just don't have the bite.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys - I have a tire question. I realize there's a sub-forum for that but I'm hoping the AWD people can help me out as I believe the offset is different for our cars vs the 2WD models.

I'm looking for new rims and tires as I'll be taking the winters off in a month. Hoping to buy online and need shipping to Canada. Any thoughts on wheels or sites to check out? 18" preferably, but 19" might be cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Ottawa. One of the members on the board here recommended TireRack to me. I researched what I wanted on their website, placed the order and 3 days later the tires arrived at a UPS store just on the US side of the border. I drove across, picked up my tires and when the Canada Customs guy asked me if I had anything to declare, I said, "Sure do. These 4 tires". Since they're made in North America they're covered under the North American Free Trade Agreement. I paid the PST on the tires and was on my way back home. No duties, no fees. It was incredibly easy. I bought 3 sets of tires, one for each car in the house, and saved over $300 per set compared to local tire shops here. That's almost $1,000 that I kept in my own pockets.

PM me if you want more details on how to do it. I'd also be interested in hearing what tires & rims you pick. I have an '06 300C AWD and am shopping for the same thing you are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I don't want to go 22" because that looks cheesy IMO. I might go 20", though.

I'm in Calgary so it's a bit of a PITA to drive down to the States to pick them up. I'd probably have to go to Great Falls, Montana, which is 5-6 hours away. I priced some out on Tire Rack and they were about $1600 to my door including duty, freight, etc. That's honestly not too bad. 1010tires.ca is out of Vancouver and they're comparably priced...$75 more than Tire Rack for similar wheels/tires.

I know a guy from another forum who's dad owns a tire shop in my city. He's pricing out wheels for me right now so I'll see what he turns up. Will keep you posted segri01.

201 - 220 of 230 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.