Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am looking to go with Michelin primacys on my car as the cooper CS4s it came with a pretty much gone. Makes driving in the snow like using a RWD 300C.

Anyone got opinions on these? Online sounds like these are great tires for all seasons.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What's the Max Tire Width???

30k and the stockers are done so it's time for new rubber. I'm looking to go a little wider than the 225/60/18 OEM's but don't want to chance any rubbing issues. Anybody have any experiences to share?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
255/55/18 is a solid choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey folks,

I am fed up with the crappy rotors on my 300C AWD and I am looking to replace them. Nothing fancy or perfromance needed, just want better brakes that do not warp.

So, what are you all using? EBC?

Thanks,

Alperin1

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey folks,

I am fed up with the crappy rotors on my 300C AWD and I am looking to replace them. Nothing fancy or perfromance needed, just want better brakes that do not warp.

So, what are you all using? EBC?

Thanks,

Alperin1
Same here. Rotors were crumbling from the inside out, warped, and squeaking. I put on Centric Premium rotors and Akebono ceramic pads from Rockauto.com a few months ago. Its a good combo - now braking is smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yah so i live in north dakota. =[. i own a 300 but its the base edition and i want an srt8 or 300c but i dont want to sacrifice the power and sporty feel of an srt8 just for awd. but how will a srt8 handle in snow and ice with that much power. yes i get they have stabiillity/traction control....only if they made an srt8 in awd!!!!! basicaly what im wondering is ur guys opinions. Im new to this and you guys know ur **** about these cars =p.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yah so i live in north dakota. =[. i own a 300 but its the base edition and i want an srt8 or 300c but i dont want to sacrifice the power and sporty feel of an srt8 just for awd. but how will a srt8 handle in snow and ice with that much power. yes i get they have stabiillity/traction control....only if they made an srt8 in awd!!!!! basicaly what im wondering is ur guys opinions. Im new to this and you guys know ur **** about these cars =p.
They do make srt8 in AWD, it just happens to say Jeep on the front. I've test driven an 06 and 08 GC srt8 and they are plenty nice. I'm sure someone has pulled off having a 300c srt8 in a cold climate. Usually it's a matter of weight over the rear wheels and snow tires. Depends how flat the area is too, an area that is hilly is going to be much worse to deal with in the snow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would say for what you are looking to do in ND, get some snow tires and maybe even have them studded. Seen a few 300C's around that have the winterforce studded tires on them. that would give you as much traction as possible in the winter. With the way it gets cold out here, don't even bother with trying to just run some all-season tires if you are going with RWD.

As for what I settled on for tires with my AWD 300C, went with some Bridgestone TAs if I recall correctly on the name. They actually are working quite well so far, bit noisier than the coopers, but the channeling in them works excellent for rain, looking forward to see how they do in snow.

Where in ND do you live?

221 - 230 of 230 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.