Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
I just got off the phone with a person at Hotchkis and I'll hopefully see them next week to see if they can do anything for our AWD platform. They will be looking to see if we can make the springs and sway bar system fit. Hopefully they can work something out. I'll keep everyone posted as to the results.
Bruce

·
Registered
227 Posts
Awd

turbohips said:
Hey fellas,
I just got off the phone with a person at Hotchkis and I'll hopefully see them next week to see if they can do anything for our AWD platform. They will be looking to see if we can make the springs and sway bar system fit. Hopefully they can work something out. I'll keep everyone posted as to the results.
Bruce
Keep us all updated.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
FINALLY someone jumped on this, they asked for a test mule long ago...
Nice one Bruce, update us here when you can, and say "Hi" to Wes and the boys for meee!

P.S. I don't see you signed up for the March meet yet... check it out in the Ragional Meets forum :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to see you make the move. Look forward to reading the result.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK first round....
I went there and the staff blew me away with their professionalism. I only expected a worker to throw on springs to see if they fit and they did much more. They measured, weighed and inspected clearance levels. By the way my AWD came in at 4267 pounds yikes!
After all was done they tried a few springs and it's a no go with their stock. My car was lowered to the point where the front bumper was almost to the ground. I was told that they will have to prototype stiffer springs to make it work. They will be ordering some parts and then be giving me a call again to fit the new parts.
Round two to come hopefully soon.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
turbohips said:
OK first round....
I went there and the staff blew me away with their professionalism. I only expected a worker to throw on springs to see if they fit and they did much more. They measured, weighed and inspected clearance levels. By the way my AWD came in at 4267 pounds yikes!
After all was done they tried a few springs and it's a no go with their stock. My car was lowered to the point where the front bumper was almost to the ground. I was told that they will have to prototype stiffer springs to make it work. They will be ordering some parts and then be giving me a call again to fit the new parts.
Round two to come hopefully soon.
Bruce
Be sure to have them explore putting the superb Hotchkis Sport Anti-sway bars on, Bruce. There are none better, and your cars handling manners will go way up.

Remember that the KW V2 coilovers are available for your AWD at the same GB price as for the RWD vehicles if you want the ultimate in adjustability, ride, and performance.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info but I forgot to mention they said it's a no go for the sway bars. The front end is completely different and not worth it to them to do. It's pointless to do the back end as well if the fronts aren't going to be touched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts