Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if other awd owners are experiencing considerable driveline lash when lifting off accelerator and applying brakes. I beleive it to be excessive and more apparent as I accumulate miles. I have only had the car for @ 3wks and 350 miles. I would describe it more like that of a motorcycle or 80's 4x4. Most noticeable when in traffic and you accelerate only to have to lift and apply the brakes. I can actually feel the torque applied and taking up slack in the driveline and also feeling the driveline "relax" when the torque is removed. I may not have described it correctly with the tech terms but I hope I got my point accross.
Is this just the nature of the beast or something to have the dealership look into.
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel the exact same thing. Also when coasting down a hill, I feel an abrupt upshift bump at around 20 mph like someone hit men from behind. Dealer alleges that they could not duplicate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2006 AWD, can't say that is a problem. I do think you need to be a little smoother on the trottle when accelerating from coast but never had a problem on decelerating or with the tanny

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey guys, this sounds a lot like the thread I reported where I get that "bump" and a grinding sound from underneath just after a stop in my '07 C AWD. Happened twice to me so far. 6,600 miles. Didn't notice anything in the recalls that sounds like it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
nothing like that here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts