Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AWD pulling me left and right. What the hell is this problem but the snow traction was superb, michigan snow storm doing 80+ :D on the highway. low speeds the car was like attacking the grooves on the road or something. Man crazy movement.

Got new tires BF goodrich gforce kdws 245x55x18.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
47 views and no reply.. pppfffffttttttt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Contact your dealer.

·
Registered
750 Posts
300CAWD said:
47 views and no reply.. pppfffffttttttt :rolleyes:
Expecting 47 AWD owners, all with the same problem, that had solved it, all with the mechanical understanding and the time to post about it, were you? :rolleyes:

Patience brother I'm sure if we could help you we would :)

It's kind of like casting a fishing net: sometimes you get what you want, sometimes no fish. ;)

Zilla

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I think it's your tires tramlinning, how were the stock tires? Those BFGs are not exactly the highest quality tires on the planet. I would have it checked but you may need some Michelins. Maybe the BFGs were the only ones in the size you need but it does not make sense to me to spend $40K and lowball the tires.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well 500 bucks for tires aint cheap well atleast what came with them and no i will not put michelins on the car. i am sort of this anti-japanese part buyer, i am purely american and german. I might go ahead with BMW 745i 19inch rims on mine. I like the shape on them

what do you all think.

PS: I LOVE THE JAPANESE CULTURE.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Michelin is a French company. they have a large plant in Atlantic Canada and employ many Canadians. They also make some of the best tires on the planet.

BTW - Your car was built in Canada and the motor was built in Mexico.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think thats just because its AWD. I know my cousin's AWD Jaguar X-Type was also following the grooves in the snow.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Michelin is a French company. they have a large plant in Atlantic Canada and employ many Canadians. They also make some of the best tires on the planet.

"Employ many Candians"...hmmmmm......that could be your answer right there AWD!!!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Northern Rider said:

And the BFGs were probably made in China :eek:

Will BMW 19 rims fit the C, this is news to me, if so , I may consider a set.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Northern Rider said:

After 9/11 I gave up on all French Products...except...Michelin Tires.

I've been on them for years...Best overall Tire Brand, IMHO

LJB ;)

·
Registered
750 Posts
BermudaRudeBowy said:
"Employ many Candians"...hmmmmm......that could be your answer right there AWD!!!!!!

LOL
C_A_N_A_D_I_A_N_S

So produce a lot of cars in Bermuda do we? :p

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes the 745i bmw rims do fit as the same bolt pattern. This information was told to me by tommyz.

One more thing I fixed my moving problem.

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 300C AWD DRIVERS WITH MOVING ISSUES.

I PUT 10 more psi in each extra tire and damn the moving and swinging and groove following is gone. YES TRUE that means less treadwear but i dont mind.

4 tires running at 45psi and damn i get the control back in my car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The wheels for the 745 will not interchange with the 300c

300c bolt pattern 5x115
745i bolt pattern 5x120
the offset on the 745i is +25mm the 300c is 18mm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts