Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

I would like to know which rims the AWD owners have purchased, along with the tires purchased, and what issues they have had if any. Also, where did you buy them? on-line or in a shop? What about TPM issues?

I have a 2006 300C AWD, brilliant black. My rims are actually starting to bubble under the paint, and I am not that fond of the look anyway. I want 20 inch rims as this is my daily driver car and I feel 22's would just be too stiff, but I am not closed to ANY suggestions. I plan on using the 20's for spring, summer, fall, and my stock rims for winter/snow use, as I live in Ohio.

In short...What rims did you buy? What tires to go with them? Any fitment issues? How do you like them? Would you change anything if you could...etc.

I am just trying to avoid any pitfalls or problems purchasing something that may not fit, no one needs that hassel. I have searched a bunch and see other guys with great rims, but then you don't really know if they had to do anything special to get them to fit. I am aware of the offset issue as well.

I really want chrome rims, and I sure wish viper rims would fit, but they don't, so that type of rim is my taste if that is of any help.

So please let me know what your experiences are...you are the ones with personal knowledge that can help owners like me, and I certainly would appreciate any help in this area.

Thanks in advance...:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello all...

I would like to know which rims the AWD owners have purchased, along with the tires purchased, and what issues they have had if any. Also, where did you buy them? on-line or in a shop? What about TPM issues?
So please let me know what your experiences are...you are the ones with personal knowledge that can help owners like me, and I certainly would appreciate any help in this area.
You didn't get much response on that post, did you? :)

My belated response is that I have a write up on mine here.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/custom-wheels-tires/81496-255-55-18-kumho-ecstas-elbrus.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i didnt

You didn't get much response on that post, did you? :)

My belated response is that I have a write up on mine here.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/custom-wheels-tires/81496-255-55-18-kumho-ecstas-elbrus.html
No, did not get any earlier response, but thanks for your thread link. A good review of what several have done. The pics were good too, looks great. I am thinking next spring for me now, as its almost november, and the snow wont be far behind. Good luck with your set up. Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
question, I keep being told that my 22's are/ will do damage to my rear diff and suspension. Suspension I know of, I'm running through links and bushings like more. Actually looking into a beefer replacement, all recommendations welcomed...but as after as "damage" have you guys experienced any?

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
No, nothing you would not expect as far as damage. The increase in unsprung weight (larger wheels) tends to act on suspension bushes, struts and brakes. They just wear faster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, nothing you would not expect as far as damage. The increase in unsprung weight (larger wheels) tends to act on suspension bushes, struts and brakes. They just wear faster.
Any recommended brand as far as struts, bushes and brakes that I should look into? I believe I read moogs were a bit strong than OEM (bushings), as far as struts Ive been reading up on KYB's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
I'm equipped with KW coilovers and Pedders bushings all the way around so I haven't really had the opportunity to dig into other parts.

KYB and Moog are good brands I've used in the past with good results.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I hav pondered this as well about the rims. CarId - supporting vendor - has some. Otherwise hit an eBay search. The offset is key tho for the AWD. I think it's gotta be 40+ if I remember correctly...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts