Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been scouring the sight for a few hours and thought I might get a little help from the experts:

My 2009 300C AWD is awesome, but I've wanted to go from stock 18's up to 20's. It seems like there aren't a lot of options for us AWD owners (or am I confused?)

Any recommendations for 20's (or 22's?) that work on the AWD models?

I'm sure it has been covered in other threads, but man; if anybody can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate the help! Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Note to admin; If hot-linking (I think that's what I did below) isn't allowed, lemme know and I'll mod the addies. Thanks!

I've been literally making myself sick about this very thing, and it's not even for my car. My buddy owns a 2012 S AWD. Last fall, I ordered 265/50R19's for him as winter tires. Massive beasts, but with some spacers, they fit perfectly, no rubbing whatsoever.

Now spring's here and he wants a new tire/rim set. So I narrowed it down to the following, thanks in part to info I gleaned from this site as well as info from here:

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

So, stock is a piddly-sized 235/55R19 on a 7.5" rim which has a 55mm offset
My bud's running a 265/50R19 winter tire on the stock rims along with spacers front'n back. Lost hubcentricity front or back, don't remember which. But all good, no shakes/vibes

The plan is to go with a 20" x 9" rim with a 40mm offset

2 Crave Fiero Wheels - No.14 GlossyBlack/MachinedFace/RedStripe

Along with these amazingly gorgeous tires

Falken? Tires - FK-452

It's a risk though. Ideally, I wanted an 8.5" rim. I love wider, makes the tire look wider. However, I know that the present 265/50 x 19 tires are already dangerously close to the fender lips at all 4 corners. A 9" rim will expound the issue. So this is still in doubt....

Reactions: Veritas3553

·
Registered
199 Posts
And btw, there is woefully little info on wheel/tire options for awd on this site or anywhere else for that matter. Bloody shame too, these awd's are incredible for our weather up here.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Reactions: Veritas3553

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome! Thanks, ruptured spleen :silly:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to both Peter and therealfleen! I really appreciate the help. I'll check out the links and do some more thinking. If anybody else wants to weigh in, I'm all ears...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry bro. :sad6:

As Flip Wilson used to say, "Da devil made me do it!".

I can't help it, every time I read your name I think "ruptured spleen" :ban:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
^^^^hahahahahahahah!^^^^

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, I'm going ahead with the order as shown on the previous page. A bit worried because I can't find clear specs on the Falken tire in question. I've seen differences of as much as 1" on section width between two tires of the same size but different manufacturers. That's huge.
I hope they fit. Although, what's the worst that can happen? My friend of 14+ yrs never talks to me again. No problem, I'll find a new friend who's money I can spend.

He'll be newer, stronger, faster **enter opening music of Bionic Man** :no:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use 235/55/19 Blizzaks in the winter and 275/40/20's in the summer. 20x8.5 in the front and 20x10.5's in the back. The key was correct offset and although i tried several to get it right, I can't remember the offset right now to steer you right. The poke is more than what I wanted but as I just put them back on for the summer, I get the feeling that it's growing on me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very nice. I don't find that they stick out obtrusively (been dying to use that word for soooo long LOL).

Why did you go with staggered for an awd? I thought it wasn't necessary? What offset you running?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, today's the day we try 'em on. I'll be taking pics of the winters I'd ordered and had installed last fall. You know, the pics I promised I'd take and never did :pat:

Then we find out how badly I screwed up and misled my bud by ordering this rim/tire combo. He's bringing his camera, I promise we'll post pics over the weekend...

Reactions: therealfleen

·
Registered
199 Posts
And after embarrassing delays....

My bud took pics of his winter tire set-up, but the pics were awful. I didn't bother posting them. The new wheel/tire combo does away with the spacers we were running on the OEM wheels/winter tires. The new tires are, unfortunately, narrower than the awesomely-sized winters.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Better late than never...:D

Reactions: peter2772000
1 - 20 of 23 Posts