Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Do you think the chrome posts are a good addition to the car?

• Yes

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 45.3%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
That is one mod I can't make up my mind one way or another.
I don't dislike it. But I am not sure I like it more.
I have a magnesium C and won't be adding them.
The only downside to the Chrome would be smudge marks from my hands while closing the door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to agree with 300c WannaB.....they only look good on the silver to me. Some of the folks that have them have reported problems too with wind noise unless you tighten down the edges with something. I'm not sure I'd want to put an adhesive on the paint anywhere..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not made up my mind yet. For those of you who have installed them, where did you make the purchase? Does the quality vary from vendor to vendor?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
There is a B pillar thread with exhaustive discussion and tips on correcting wind noise caused by the addition, modesty prevents me from saying who recommended the correction, mine were made by E&G same maker of my mesh grille and bought through Wyckoff Chrysler, 5 or10% discount for forum members. Try a search for the original chrome B pillar thread for more info.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Looks pretty cool on cool vanilla, really different as long as everyone does not get them, on second thought they look terrible on all colors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
joey said:
The only downside to the Chrome would be smudge marks from my hands while closing the door.
Ahhh your my most feared passenger!! Especially on a black car, thats what the doorhandles are for. Personally I think they look very budget, and should be left off.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
camMCLEAN said:
Ahhh your my most feared passenger!! Especially on a black car, thats what the doorhandles are for. Personally I think they look very budget, and should be left off.
Do you mean high budget :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love my B-Pillars

I have them on Mrs SexC (CV) and they give mine an added touch of class, not that she needs it :) also I haven't had any bad experiences to report with mine, they were're purchased from E&G Classics ($75). Click on the link below and I think you would agree! :) just my 2cents :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/Angi300C Pics/011_8A.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ours came from QAAUSA.com and they look great, fit easily and simply. No wind noise comes from the door pillar area.

Costs were $125.00 for the six pieces.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I'm not crazy about them on any color, I feel they break up the lines of the car and accentuate the fact that it's a 4 door. One of the reasons I tinted my windows was to make the pillars "disappear" and create the look of one long expanse of dark glass... I love that look, makes it appear longer and lower.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hope they look good on CV b/c I already bought them 3 months in advance of getting the car. I got them from AvonDale Chrysler in AZ. They cost $50 pluc 5.75 shipping and they are the E&G brand.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Yes tint and chrome Bs probably don't go well Hemee, you lose that fighter jet canopy effect.
Roger II kings 9:20, I like the analogy... although all of my flying is low-level ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I say no for the pillars. On the other hand, I called my dealer and requested that they fit an SRT-8 with all the chrome that’s stock on a C. There’s something about the chrome handles and mirrors that reminds me of my fathers Jag (elegant).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts