Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. 06 300C SRT-8. New alternator. Voltage started dropping today to 13.3-13.5 while driving. Will kick back up to 13.7-14.1 14.2 occasionally and when slowing down or accelerating. Could this be a battery problem? Alternator burning smell is not present so I know the new alternator is perfectly fine. If not battery, what could it be?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Possibly. Have it checked out by your favorite auto parts store. They will usually do this for free as goodwill hoping you buy their battery. If you have AAA, they will also do this for free. I use AAA exclusively now...so damn convenient when your battery eventually dies. I am not a grease monkey anymore (never did like it) and enjoy keeping my hands clean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly. Have it checked out by your favorite auto parts store. They will usually do this for free as goodwill hoping you buy their battery. If you have AAA, they will also do this for free. I use AAA exclusively now...so damn convenient when your battery eventually dies. I am not a grease monkey anymore (never did like it) and enjoy keeping my hands clean.

Appreciate it Chief! Will definitely take care of that soon! I also hate getting my hands dirty on cars too, but sadly I still do it. Waaaaay more power to you.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
A new alternator? No burning smell means nothing apart from you are not on fire....;) Check out the grounding/earthing and all other connections including battery terminals. Auto parts store...hmmm brave man.....! Given the cost of a new alternator get the installer to do the work......If that's too long ago then get an auto electrician to check the connections.

·
Registered
634 Posts
^^^^good advice on the connections. Undo them, cleam them up, reconnect and retry. I once had a positive lead that had completely corroded away! Wasn’t the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts