Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted on srtforums.com:

DCX Production Ordering Update 14 Oct 2004 (300-Magnum - Charger)

The following exterior colors are no longer available for ordering:

(PDM) Mineral Gray
(PMQ) Deep Lava Red
(PB8) Midnight Blue
(PP4) Satin Jade Pearl

(XRV) Rear seat video system production delayed until 2/1/05
(EER) 2.7L engine and (TWH) tire w/o (BNB) electronic stability production delayed until 1/3/05
(LXFP48) 300 Touring AWD model has a Job #1 of 11/15/04
(LXFS48) 300C AWD model has a Job #1 of 11/15/04
(ALZ) Dodge Special Edition has a Job #1 of 10/4/04
(AFB) Comfort/Convenience Group has a Job #1 of 11/29/04
LXCX48 SRT-8 AWD model has a Job #1 of 1/10/05
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Any particular reason why? It seems stupid to restrict the ordering of 300s/Magnums to certain colors only.

Maybe I'm misreading your post....are these colors being discontinued??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the post states they are being discontinued or perhaps replaced with other colors. Don't know for sure why. Linen Gold is a new upcoming color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if this will have a positive/negative effect on paint quality and durability. I know some people have complained about the 300/Magnum having poor paint quality when compared to the Crossfire.

Either way, I hope they don't mess w/ Cool Vanilla and Magnesium as those are my 2 favorite colors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
jwaters943 said:
Hmmm, I wonder if this will have a positive/negative effect on paint quality and durability. I know some people have complained about the 300/Magnum having poor paint quality when compared to the Crossfire.
That would be ME!

FWIW, I don't think it could get much worse...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
jwaters943 said:
Either way, I hope they don't mess w/ Cool Vanilla and Magnesium as those are my 2 favorite colors.
I have Cool Vanilla and think if they did discontinue my color that would make Mrs SexC very rare and in the long run make value go up. Something like a Classic. I can see the Ad sign now "Own A Rare Hard to Find Cool Vanilla 300C only 1,500 made" lol. I'm only saying this because that's the color I have. But yes Cool Vanilla is truly Elegant!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Angi300C said:
I have Cool Vanilla and think if they did discontinue my color that would make Mrs SexC very rare and in the long run make value go up. Something like a Classic. I can see the Ad sign now "Own A Rare Hard to Find Cool Vanilla 300C only 1,500 made" lol. I'm only saying this because that's the color I have. But yes Cool Vanilla is truly Elegant!
That's why I am gleefully rubbing my hands, because my Satin Jade will be a rarity!!!!
:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Dlr

I talked to a guy at the Chrysler event and he mentioned they might drop my color. Deep Lava Red/ BlackCherry.
Im was thinking like u Angie.For me thou DLR is gone :D . I plan on keeping this car till its a classic.Like one of those old cars u find in a barn,some 20 yr old car that is in great shape. Well thats the plan right now anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Anyone know how many Cs were produced in Lava Red? I love the color and have no regrets on my selection. Also glad that I won't be seeing another like mine driving around every corner
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
E55 KEV said:
This was posted on srtforums.com:

DCX Production Ordering Update 14 Oct 2004 (300-Magnum - Charger)

The following exterior colors are no longer available for ordering:

(PDM) Mineral Gray
(PMQ) Deep Lava Red
(PB8) Midnight Blue
(PP4) Satin Jade Pearl

(XRV) Rear seat video system production delayed until 2/1/05
(EER) 2.7L engine and (TWH) tire w/o (BNB) electronic stability production delayed until 1/3/05
(LXFP48) 300 Touring AWD model has a Job #1 of 11/15/04
(LXFS48) 300C AWD model has a Job #1 of 11/15/04
(ALZ) Dodge Special Edition has a Job #1 of 10/4/04
(AFB) Comfort/Convenience Group has a Job #1 of 11/29/04
LXCX48 SRT-8 AWD model has a Job #1 of 1/10/05
Any idea what changes, etc. are planned for AFB on 11/29?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Does anyone know what colors are going to replace the ones that were deleted? Need info quickly!!! Getting ready to order my C, and I don't want to choose something now, and then have to change later on...yet delaying delivery even more!!!

Any insight?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top