Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's not too bad of a review. The 300 is obviously not an E-Class, but as the author pointed out, it's a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
BarracudaMan your right its not an e class... its better. I've owned several mercedes benz and BMW vehicles and I don't see what everyone pays that money for. It may be a status symbol but thats where the advantages end. Service at best was horrible and the car just fell apart piece by piece. My M3 I owned also had quality issues so as far as I'm concerned the 300c is a work of art coming in under 40k compared to 60k for the E or even more for a 545i.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You guys are killing me! I am absolutely dying to get my mag 300c.

Come on Chrysler! I need another MOPAR!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m sorry, but that was a very biased writen article. I’m not sure if all three articles under "driving impressions” were written at the same time or not? The guy who wrote the articles says things like “controversial Daimler-Benz/Chrysler takeover” I don’t understand why he has to add his .002 cents.

Inferior interior for Europe, like Chrysler did something special for the USD market, give me a freakin break. Get this he even knocks the 300c for having a HEMI, WTF. As far as I’m concerned this guy doesn’t know his elbows from his A-hole. What a Euro snob :mad: As they would say in Europe this guys views are simlpy RUBBISH.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
That writer is a dumb-ass by stating:

1. Dumb Ass says - "High waist isn't particularly European-looking"

& Dumb Ass also says - "For a start, there's no way that the 300C could be mistaken for a European-styled car,"

Kev reply - How can a car that is routinely referred to as a "Bentley" look not be european-looking? Boxey styled cars are more "euro" looking than any other designs. Euro cars have always been more boxy, especially Volvo, Bentley, Rolls and Mercedes before the W210 E-Class?

2. Dumb Ass says - "The 300C is therefore built on the same basic platform as the latest Mercedes E-Class"

Kev reply - The LX chassis is built on underpinnings designs of the precious E-Class (W210).

3. Dumb Ass says - "This transmission is not as state-of-the-art as the latest six- and seven-speed gearboxes Mercedes is fitting,"

Kev reply - Mercedes does not have a 6-Speed auto and the 2004 E55 AMG has a similar 5-Speed. The Mercedes 7-Speed auto is less "state-of-the-art" because it can not handle the high torgue in AMG cars and therefore not used in any AMG car (yet).

4. Dumb Ass says - "Quick as it is, the 300C is no cheap answer to the E55 AMG,"

Kev reply - The E55 AMG is a "tuned" factory hot-rod version of the E-Class. The 300C is not a factory hot-rod. The 300SRT-8 would be the factory hot-rod. The 300C would compete with a E500 with a mere 302HP.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That story is just plain funny; as was pointed out, the new 300C is more Benz than some of the current ones.

I had two "S" class Benz's -- an '85 300SD and an '88 560SEL -- both were W126 bodies with the latter being an extended version. This new 300C, except for being shorter, looks just like them and could easily have been derived from that W126 body structure.

Not "European?" Hah. Man doesn't know what he is talking about!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
People keep telling me it's European. I don't disagree, but can we be proud of something styled to be unabashedly American for once? Who wants another "euro bean" car. Give me my big ass grill and chop top...It's like a '51 Merc Lead sled!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts