Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a 2006 300c srt8 and I believe my rotors are bad , when stoping from high speed the pedal and steering wheel will shake but if I press it hard it'll get a lil better , anyways everybody is telling me that my rotors are bad , how do I check them or how do I know which one is bad ? Sometimes the car makes a lil noise on the rear left brakes but only when I don't drive the car for days , any help will be appreciate, thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey guys so I have a 2006 300c srt8 and I believe my rotors are bad , when stoping from high speed the pedal and steering wheel will shake but if I press it hard it'll get a lil better , anyways everybody is telling me that my rotors are bad , how do I check them or how do I know which one is bad ? Sometimes the car makes a lil noise on the rear left brakes but only when I don't drive the car for days , any help will be appreciate, thanks
Easiest way is to take the wheel off and run the palm of your hands around the rotor surface and feel for distortion or deep grooves. Remember if you end up replacing your rotors to always replace your pads at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that and yea I know , I wouldn't mind changing the rear or front but both damn , idk how much they cost but I bet they pricey

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'll try that and yea I know , I wouldn't mind changing the rear or front but both damn , idk how much they cost but I bet they pricey
Rotors arnt usually to bad. you can usually find some cheap centric ones for around 40-60$ but in my opinion i never go cheap on brakes because i trust those with my life. I have been using this company out of California for the past few brake jobs on my vehicles, including a 2008 Dodge Charger. I will be using them again this summer on my 300C. I usually get the premium rotors because they come with brake pads and a lifetime anti-warp guarantee. I hope this points you in the right direction. Brake Rotors Brake Discs Drilled Slotted Rotors

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Rotors can warp and that is exactly what it sounds like has happened to yours.

A brake shop will check them for runout (wobble or degree of warp) and for thickness to see if they can be turned to remove the warp. If not, then they have to be replaced.

Most rotor problems are caused by excessive pad wear or incorrect wheel torque.

Your rotors are specific to the SRT8 so I strongly suggest you not go with anything of lesser quality. Rather, get OEM or go up, possibly to Stop Tech. Don't forget pads (EBC, Stop Tech, Centric Posi-Quiet), new fluid and inspect your brake lines for cracking or bulging.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is exactly what maddog said
U have discs warped
cheap rotors aren't solution. Best is to invest in grooved and drilled ones . Fact, they cost twice the price but chances having them warped are minimal. This is due to the fact that the give away heat much more efficient as well braking distances are shorter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts