Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Please bear with… purchased an 04 “certified” GMC Envoy with 35k. One year later at 54K transmission clutch housing cracked. $3,500 later, (negotiated down to $1,000 after) to put in a GM certified rebuilt. Never one to keep a car after a major problem, traded it in for a used 2007 Cadillac CTS from Pine Belt, our local *-Mart of auto dealerships, GM “certified” with 15k miles. Pretty car, Carfax “certified 1 owner”. Found out at closing that the one owner was a rental car company. Bad enough, but 3 days later the stereo shut off; unsure of the still new car to me, placed a call to On-star thinking I hit a mute button. They congratulated me on the purchase and went over service records. At 18k miles it had a seal in the rear replaced, and at 24k miles had something else done to it under warranty. Thank God for On-star, miles had been rolled back. Took it back to dealer for revocation of acceptance. It took Pine Belt 11 days to get me the title back for my trade. Just picked up my new 300C from Tally’s and loving it. Lessons learned, buy from a small dealer for personal service. Don’t have blind trust in Carfax, and buy NEW whenever possible. Wish the 300 had On-star though.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME to 3CF from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley! That's quite a journey you've taken to get to a great vehicle. So sorry to hear of your major GC problems with used vehicles.

Here's hopipng your LX experience will be great, and there certainly is plenty of knowledge here to help you will anything from minor issues to major modifications... whatever suits your taste.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Quite the story. Proves yet again people put too much faith in Carfax reports. I believe Chrysler is working on some sort of online service history records in the near future.

Bernie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts