Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to get rid of all the badges and stuff on my trunk...the main one getting on my nerves is the one that says CENTRAL...it belongs to the dealership...does anyone that has removed them know the best way to do it...mainly so i dont damage the trunk...also the manufactures ones...which is only two...are those glued on or are they with like studs or something...main thing i dont want is to have the holes left behind and me not be able to fill them...thanks for all your help!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dental floss, or fishing line, or kite string, or pretty much any type of strong string.

The trunk spoiler on my car was installed crooked and off center, so I removed and repositioned it. I used kite string to take it off and it worked great. Slide the string under one end of the badge and pull gently with a sawing motion to break the adhesive seal.

You may have some adhesive residue left behind - if so, it should come off fairly easily with ordinary spray adhesive remover, Goo Gone, or even WD40.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet...thanks...might try it after work...so its ok to take the dealer one and the 300 one right?...just want to make sure...lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
The only badge with studs/holes is the wing on the trunk lid. All others are self-adhesive. The dealer tag will be self-adhesive as well.

·
Registered
683 Posts
it's best to park the car out in the sun on a warm/hot day for a while. Then you can use some sting or be like me and just grip it and rip it. After than you'll need some goo gone and about 1-2 hours to remove all the tape residue. Then you'll need to give it a good wash and wax. If you find you're having trouble getting the badges and molding off then put some WD-40 or goo gone on it and let it sit for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Way of Demolding

Like others have said, two holes will be left if you remove the rear wing. Not sure but filling them with Bondo and then using touch-up paint might work. Best would be to have them filled buy a good welder and then have whole trunk painted.

I think nothing new, but...

My method for removing the side moldings and side badges: Spray WD-40 (using small diameter red tube nozzle) along top of molding; Take micro-fiber cloth (thin one used to clean eye glass lenses) spray it heavy with WD-40 & wrap it over the "knife" edge of a flexible putty knife (make sure and keep entire edge of putty knife covered with cloth; slide "protected" edge of putty knife under end of molding (I started at car's rear), between adhesive and car's paint, and push/wiggle it along (try and keep molding as flat as possible so it does not bend in case you want to put it back one day). I was left with some adhesive residue & used a thicker micro fiber cloth soaked in WD-40 to scrub and remove. Then I noticed a little ghosting (car was nearly 1-year old). I then washed all the WD-40 off and clay-barred (lots of car wash soap and water in a spray bottle for clay-bar lube) the area where the molding had been. All clean, no problem, no sign that molding had ever been on car, no paint bubbles. Doors look so much bigger. I like the look!

A couple of weeks later (after ordering) I received a box of "Zaino" with lots of their car polishing stuff. Washed, clayed, washed, and then applied their polish. NICE. I haven't taken pictures, but come see the car anytime!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
As above - WD40 works the best here. My advise is to spray the hell out of all the moulds and keep doing so every 20 minutes or so. Get it soaked in the stuff and do this a a few hours prior to removal.

The moulds will come off so easy after this and you won't bve sitting there risking scratching the paintwork.

And it is extremely safe and will not damage paintwork. I have done this myself and believe it is the best way to do it. It will leave the car a bit greasy however a good wash and polish/wax afterwards and you will never know anything has been done.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did this yesterday...i used the dental floss to do it...unfortunately its an '05 and the owner before me did not take the badge of from the dealer they purchased the car from...so there was a sticker from where i bought the car from and now i can see the outline of the first dealer and almost nothing from the one i got it from...i was gonna take the "300" one off but i am scared that it will be so baked on it that i will want to paint it right away...but i dont have money to paint the whole care yet so i will wait...thanks for all your help

at least now i am not advertising for free...lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
you might try to claybar and then wash and wax and see if you can buff it out. I know when I took my molding off I could see the lines where it had been but after a good cleaning it was gone.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah...i am supposed to get it detailed soon...so maybe the day before i do i will take it off...cause i dont have much time to claybar it on my own...but the on that was bothering me the most was the dealer one...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts