Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Baer now has a big brake upgrade for the Magnum and 300C.

Baer's systems feature the finest calipers in the world. All employ proper road going dust and weather seals, making them appropriate for use on streets and highways. Their systems are not just a kit; they include everything you will need. If your application requires a master cylinder, hose, or special fitting it's included. Systems requiring hubs not only arrive with the races and studs installed, but are also assembled with Timken bearings and packed with Redline? Synthetic grease. When deciding which system fits your needs, examine technology, quality, performance, and integrity. We think you'll agree Baer has no competition for the best value

4141019 Baer Front Claw Brake System - Extreme +; 15" Crossdrilled, slotted and zinc washed; Stainless Steel brake lines; 6 Piston Calipers; 2004 & Up 300C and Magnum $2829.99

4142018 Baer Rear Claw Brake System - Extreme +; 15" Crossdrilled, slotted and zinc washed rotors; Stainless Steel Brake Lines; 6 Piston Calipers; 2004 & Up 300C and Magnum $2829.99

We offer free shipping for all Baer Brakes packages!

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763).

·
Registered
63 Posts
tbyrne said:

Baer now has a big brake upgrade for the Magnum and 300C.

Baer's systems feature the finest calipers in the world. All employ proper road going dust and weather seals, making them appropriate for use on streets and highways. Their systems are not just a kit; they include everything you will need. If your application requires a master cylinder, hose, or special fitting it's included. Systems requiring hubs not only arrive with the races and studs installed, but are also assembled with Timken bearings and packed with Redline? Synthetic grease. When deciding which system fits your needs, examine technology, quality, performance, and integrity. We think you'll agree Baer has no competition for the best value

4141019 Baer Front Claw Brake System - Extreme +; 15" Crossdrilled, slotted and zinc washed; Stainless Steel brake lines; 6 Piston Calipers; 2004 & Up 300C and Magnum $2829.99

4142018 Baer Rear Claw Brake System - Extreme +; 15" Crossdrilled, slotted and zinc washed rotors; Stainless Steel Brake Lines; 6 Piston Calipers; 2004 & Up 300C and Magnum $2829.99

We offer free shipping for all Baer Brakes packages!

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763).

I am interested as to what DZeckhausen has to say about these brakes. I have always thought BAER was quality stuff and still do I might add. DZ just looking for your opinion here. What about them being slotted and drilled? Thanks

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
KillerC said:
I am interested as to what DZeckhausen has to say about these brakes. I have always thought BAER was quality stuff and still do I might add. DZ just looking for your opinion here. What about them being slotted and drilled? Thanks
I'm not happy that they are slotted AND drilled. If I was to purchase a Baer kit, I would ask if it is possible to have slots only.

I respect the folks at Baer, particularly Todd Gartshore who helped me out with a brake line problem on my 1991 Taurus SHO brake upgrade many many years ago. I have no first hand experience with their new 6-piston calipers, other than holding one in my hands at the SEMA show. I would want to hear from somone else first to see how the pedal feel on this new kit was, prior to purchasing it. Unless they have a variety of caliper piston sizes available with this new 6-piston caliper, I'm a bit skeptical of the balance of their 4-wheel kit. They have a history of using inappropriate calipers on certain applications, like the Impala SS, resulting in a soft pedal. They may have this application just right or they might not. Get some feedback from another 300C user first.

You can ignore the boilerplate in the kit description: "Systems requiring hubs not only arrive with the races and studs installed, but are also assembled with Timken bearings and packed with Redline? Synthetic grease." because the 300 and 300C applications do not require new hubs. These brakes would simply bolt on. I do not know if a new master cylinder is incuded.

Pad changes will be more complicated than Brembo or StopTech. Baer decided to follow StopTech and focus on making a stiff caliper. But StopTech patented the bolt-in stiffening bridge, so Baer was forced to follow Performance Friction's lead and build a caliper with a cast-in bridge. This does make for a very stiff caliper, but it means the entire assembly has to be removed for pad changes. For a street-only car, this is no big deal, since it will probably not need pads for 30,000 miles or more. But if you're swapping in race pads each weekend for your high speed driving events or driving schools, then swapping back to street pads, it quickly becomes a pain in the butt.

The proof will be in the pudding. When we start hearing feedback from users (not vendors or sponsored users) who actually have these brakes on their car, then we'll know more. If I get a chance to install these for a local customer, I'll let you know what I think of the kit's fit and finish, ease of installation and impressions from the road test and bedding-in session.

It would be nice to know if these fit the stock 18" wheels or not. I couldn't find any wheel fitment charts, since Baer does not yet have these kits in their latest on-line catalog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts