Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, crazy low. I have a question for the bagged people on here, when do you get to actually to drop it? can you drive it like that or is it just for parking lots? I guess it's just not my thing because I can't see the benefits of bags. :thinking:

·
Registered
105 Posts
first the nice rims now the bags. doin good bro.

cant wait to see the finished product

·
Registered
183 Posts
sweeeeeet... what kind of rims are those and do they come in 24's?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks awesome man! Lemme help you out by making the pics full size for everyone else...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wow, crazy low. I have a question for the bagged people on here, when do you get to actually to drop it? can you drive it like that or is it just for parking lots? I guess it's just not my thing because I can't see the benefits of bags. :thinking:
You can drop it anytime you want really as long as its safe to do so.

If im driving around town and im on some nice roads I ride @ 87psi front 118psi rear. that will tuck tire front and back.

On ****ty roads or pulling into parking lots I can jack it up to clear stuff that I wouldn't have been able to with a static drop.

You also have the cool factor and its priceless. This car sits in my garage next to my bagged 97 sst ram 1500 and my soon to be bagged 1969 olds delta 88 royale.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grounded we need to get up 2 bagged 300's in mass. bro

If im driving around town and im on some nice roads I ride @ 87psi front 118psi rear. that will tuck tire front and back.

On ****ty roads or pulling into parking lots I can jack it up to clear stuff that I wouldn't have been able to with a static drop.

You also have the cool factor and its priceless. This car sits in my garage next to my bagged 97 sst ram 1500 and my soon to be bagged 1969 olds delta 88 royale.

·
Registered
204 Posts

How many miles do you get out of a set of tires? Is there a certain setting you use that you drive at that the alignment is known to be good? Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I don't know anything about bags. I just assume that there is a certain level or as you say a certain psi for the front and back that the alignment was set at so you can drive for extended distances without wearing the tires too much? :thinking:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
How many miles do you get out of a set of tires? Is there a certain setting you use that you drive at that the alignment is known to be good? Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I don't know anything about bags. I just assume that there is a certain level or as you say a certain psi for the front and back that the alignment was set at so you can drive for extended distances without wearing the tires too much? :thinking:

Most people will get their vehicle aligned at a specific psi and then cruise at that height. Me personally... I just drive all cambered out and enjoy it. Yes tires will crap out sooner but if i were to drive on em like i do (6 or so months before putting stockers back on) I would get 4 years out of em. I don't worry about it because i change wheels more then tires. I have never ever had to replace tires due to bald spots.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I need the camber when riding low so the tire will clear the fenders. I could go with a smaller offset/narrower wheel and then correct SOME of the camber but its not a big priority for me. The camber isn't what hoses the wheels its the toe angle which on my ram is a big problem. The chrysler drops pretty low while at the same time maintaing a decent toe angle. What I will probably do next year when I get new tires is have them mount them so the inside of the wheel is now on the outer edge where it will get less wear. Then when i've beat them up pretty good I will sell them to some oye in springfield for a few hundred. I would doubt there are as many 300 owners that drive as low as I do on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I doubt that the bump steer kit can hang with the toe/ camber change throughout 5" of travel. I ride anywhere from 1" off of my tire to 4" off of my tire and this changes all the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts