Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side HID light went out on my 2005 300c - I switched lights with the right side and the light still does not work - that tells me the ballast must need replacing??? Does anyone know where I can locate the drivers side ballast?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Are you sure it was an HID bulb? I had a 2005 C for about 15 months and it came with projector headlamps, but halogen bulbs. My '06 Heritage Edition came with stock HIDs, but not the C.

Got any pictures of your bulb? The stock HIDs have a square-ish rubber boot right behind the bulb, which is where the ballast is. You would have to remove that before you could even get to the bulb. On the halogen lamps you just have a the backside of the buld connector held in place by a torx screw retainer ring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a D1S HID - There is a round rubber boot covering the bulb area - I swithed the bulb from the passenger side and it still does not work - therefore I am assuming ballast

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you remove the whole assembly, you should find the ballast on the bottom side of the headlight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you can unplug your headlight you can unplug your ballast. There's nothing speacial about it...aside from not touching the glass on the bulb(same as halogen) your good to go. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In order to get to the ballast - you have to remove the lower front grille - it is located at the bottom of headlight assembly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts