Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my first post to the forums but I have been stalking them for a few months. Long story short im trying to get the most for my money horsepower wise. I have a basic idea but would love more specific advice. You guys obviously have a lot more experience with this car than me. So im just gonna divert to your knowledge haha. So heres what im looking at.
1) air intake. Either K&N 69 typhoon or an lmi cold air. Opinions welcome.
2) corsa cat back exhaust system. I have heard a muffler delete creates more power. Any experience?
3) JBA long tube headers
4) Idk if it would be worth it to get a new performance camshaft on the srt8 or where to order one.

Any other ideas? Most of what I looked at was off autoanything. Any other site recommendations? I dont want a supercharger anytime soon due to cost and I have heard you need to upgrade a lot of engine components to prevent damage. Sooo...let loose. Put me in my place if I got nyself all ****ered up. Lets hear it. Im working with uo to 10k btw but I dont want to spend more than 6k. Thanks in advance.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
1. LMI is my suggestion.
2. Corsa is nice, sounds great but is very expensive. You can achieve similar results with a muffler replacement. A muffler delete may actually reduce some low end torque, which you don't want to happen.
3. You have short tube headers as stock exhaust manifolds. They are great for street driving and long tubes will only give you a little bit at the top end of the speedo and tach ranges. I'd stick with the ones you have.
4. A cam will certainly be a good addition. I can't recommend a grind but I'd contact High Horse Performance on what they recommend. They've been building HEMI's for a while now. Another shop to call is in Vancouver, WA. Call Ding's Complete Car Care and ask for Troy. He's built some awesome engines locally.

One other suggestion is a Diablosport programmer. Besides optimizing fuel delivery and timing to the stock engine with minor mods, it's easy to load custom tunes necessary for when that cam goes in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have been looking into somw cams and im seeing comp cams models 266 270 and 274. From what I have read, the higher the model number, the higher the hp increase at a higher rpm. Considering im looking for low end power right now, would it be better to stick with the stock 392 cam or maybe call a shop and have them custom grind me one?

·
19,567 Posts
No idea what would be best but I'd talk to a shop or get with Comp Cams and see what they've put together.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have the Comp274 in my 300 and you start really feeling it around 2k RPM. It has a noticeable idle but nothing horrible.
LMI for the intake, Corsa or one of the other suggestions for the exhaust. Diablo and a CMR tune for sure.
These cars are fuel injected, no carbs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I talked to troy at dings. Heres the estimate he gave me. Thoughts comments opinions? Its pretty much tti headers and midpipes. New cat. Lmi complete cold air intake. Corsa exhaust. Diablo trinity, zectronic wide band fuel monitor. Pushrods and valvesprings and a comp 274 camshaft. He was also reccomending a torque converter thas another 600$ I believe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
That's a bit blurry on my phone app... I'll try it on the computer tomorrow see if it's any better.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
If I could afford an SRT 300 I would just kick back and enjoy the ride. Us 5.7 guys are the ones spending money trying to get closer to you guys have already. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The images are blurry on my phone too, what was recommended goes as follows: corsa exhaust. Diablo trinity programmer/tuner, lmi cai, comp cams 274 cam shaft, tti headers, tti midpipes and cats, wide band fuel monitor that connects to the trinity. New pushrods and valve springs for the higher power camshaft. But theres also a lot of miscellaneous parts that idk if are needed. Like large and small head bokts and w/02 sensors freon, oil and a new filter. Exhaust manifolds and intake manifold gaskets. Are they listing this because with the new parts my stock ones wont fit? Or do tgey assume they need replaced? Wouldnt the new part I order come with that stuff? I just dont wanna pay a frand for spare parts I already have. And many of the parts I can get cheaper from jegs and auto anything.com. ahould I just do that and bring the parts to them or ask them to lower the price or what? Im not wanting to insult anyone but im also not trying to get ripped off....

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
My 2cents....

Comp 274 or SRT Max cam (advanced a little)

GTP Stage 2 heads

Set of 6.1 pushrods (heads will have springs)

Head gasket set

Cam bolt, crank bolt

New head bolts

6.1 balancer pulley

Egr block off kit from billet tech

6.1 manifolds (headers)

6.1 header gaskets

Stage 8 locking bolts headers

SRT mid pipes (will need a reducer whipped up for install to 5.7)

180 tstat

Diablo programmer and get a custom CMR tune or an email tune.

Hammer style LMI intake

For exhaust, lose the stock resos and replace suitcase with a couple of flowmasters

Find a good local shop for the install or do it yourself.

You should dyno out around 360-380rwhp and similar tq... car will roll out hard and you will do it for well under budget.

Later add a 3.06 SRT diff and axles ($400-600+install) and a 3200 stall converter and you will have a fun fun car on your hands!

Things that aren't performance but you might consider while doing a cam.... 6.1 timing set, water pump.

Valve cover and intake gaskets are reusable.

You don't need all brand name crap to go fast... trust me.

·
19,567 Posts
If you are going to have Troy Ding do the work you couldn't have picked a better source locally than his shop. He's built some killer HEMI's including his own SRT Charger.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I'm not down playing Troy by any means... just not sure why you need TTI headers/mids and a corsa (burying almost $1500) when a set of SRT headers and mids and a modified catback will get you the same numbers (hp/tq) and very similar sound for all of $600!! The $1000 difference will pay almost half of a set of heads that will actually make power... To me there is spending money for power and wasting money on power...

His setup will work great, but I'd bet money my components would run harder for less.

Maybe he can do labor if you supply?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does the srt8 not already come with srt headers? And idk if eitger one will work better than the other. All he told me was they have been playing with different brands like vorla and jba, but tti has been giving them the best results

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Hahaha! Yep! They do... lol... that my friend is why I hate the auto guide app, no clue what car you had! For some reason had it I'm my head you had a 5.7!!!

In which case... why go with new headers? Switch to high flow cats and mod the stock catback, save some bucks!

Install the cam straight up no advance and do the same darn list only no pulley, springs or push rods required.

Oh and change those numbers to mid to high 400's!

Mods just got easier! Lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts