Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody have info on the suspensions betwen the 300 and the 300C? I read somewhere saying the 300C has a stiffer suspension. By this are they referring that it's a harsher ride? I hope someone that's driven both can clarify. I've driven a base 300 extensively over a weekend and it drove like a dream. The 300C was only on a test drive so I wasn't as exposed to the handling over different kind of bumpy terrain. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
relatively

it's all relative. since a c is so much heavier than either V6 model it will have to have stiffer springs to support that weight.

But it rides cushy as hell. Absolutely fine. Test drive one and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i owned a base 300 and now have a C and the C rides much smoother than the base 300. its not a diffrence between night and day but definetely a diffrence.

·
Registered
530 Posts
urbanchemist said:
i owned a base 300 and now have a C and the C rides much smoother than the base 300. its not a diffrence between night and day but definetely a diffrence.
I have a touring and the fact that it has softer suspension is good, because it rides like a dream with 22s, when I got the 22s I was so surprised on how good the ride was, almost no difference between 17" and 22"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ukyo Yoshiro said:
I have a touring and the fact that it has softer suspension is good, because it rides like a dream with 22s, when I got the 22s I was so surprised on how good the ride was, almost no difference between 17" and 22"
Ukyo, is your car lowered?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Rinaldo said:
Anybody have info on the suspensions betwen the 300 and the 300C? I read somewhere saying the 300C has a stiffer suspension. By this are they referring that it's a harsher ride? I hope someone that's driven both can clarify. I've driven a base 300 extensively over a weekend and it drove like a dream. The 300C was only on a test drive so I wasn't as exposed to the handling over different kind of bumpy terrain. Thanks.
Well, I've driven them all (including the 'Magnums')...except for the 'SRT-8's. IMO, they all pretty much felt the same (comfort-wise); however, the 'Touring and Limited' models handled (performance-wise) more like the '300C' than the 'Base' did...yet they all had a nice soft ride. Honestly, it's all a matter of one's personal taste and opinion. Like somebody else already mentioned, test drive them for yourself, as your own experience/opinion is what really matters most. :wink1:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recommend you carefully pick your tires. I don't know the spring rates of the Touring as opposed to the C cars but remember, a tire is a spring also. Stiff (read long lasting) tires can ride very harsh as can tires mounted on a larger diameter rim leaving little side wall width which also makes the tires stiff. Air pressure makes the car's suspension stiffer also. It is a package with everything matched to give the best performance or ride the owner wants. The higher the traction rating the tire has, the better dry adhesion it has, the lower the wear it has and the noisier the tire in most cases. I have the all season Goodyears on my SRT-8 and I hate them. Very bad tires for performance handling but ride is nice, noise levels good, traction sucks. When these wear out, can't happen too soon, I want the Supercar F-1 tires as a friend has these on his CTS-V and the tires are awesome. If you want smooth ride, you don't want this setup. If you want to carve the corners, you do. You can't have it both ways.
Dr. Bob

·
Registered
587 Posts
i got a base with 22s lowered with the H&Rs, i really dont mind the ride i personally think it rides well i guess its because im used to riding on cars with sh*ty suspenions especially on my friends tahoe which has a 4/6 drop on 24s....thing shakes like crazy escpecially on our sh*ty roads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts