Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help if you have had the same issues. I have a 2010 300C SRT8 and almost every morning i have to jump start my car. After spending quite a bit of time at the Auto elecs, i wasn't much closer to finding the problem so i started playing myself with the radio and iPod cables because i noticed that if i sat in the car and locked it, a fan type noise coming from the radio would stay on for up to 10 mins or more ( i just didn't want to sit there any longer ). So i actually just disconnected the radio at the back of the unit and the next morning the car started straight away and hasn't drained again. Is there something that is supposed to turn the radio off or can something be done to the computer? I can't handle driving around with no music or navigation for much longer. Someone said to disconnect the amp under the steering wheel and connect the radio again but i did that and without that amp there are no speakers. Another thing i noticed when i unplugged the radio, after about half an hour with the ignition off and the radio still plugged in but not on , the radio was red hot!! almost to hot to hold your hand on it!! I can't tell if the radio is faulty all of a sudden or if something else is faulty causing the radio not shut down or causing it to heat up so much that the fans can't shut down..Any advise would be amazing please..

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
Now with the radio off ,you say it gets super hot when the car is off.And we know that the car is fine when you unplug the radio.. so to me the radio is defective, i have never heard of this problem,May have to track down the fuse that keeps the power to the radio and it would be easier to pull the fuse than diconnect the radio, hopefully nothing else is attached to that fuse. sorry thats all that i can help with at this time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your message. Yeah i will have to try another head unit, Its just getting my hands on one that is tricky. Can anyone recommend a good head unit and or MODEL of one the same size that plays dvd's, and is capable of hooking up Navigation please.....Thank you

·
Registered
179 Posts
My car is dojng the same thing an I think it's the radio as we'll !!! I'm gon take a volt meter to the car tom and see where the constant draw is coming from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, let me know please what u find!. There is also a hidden AMP looking thing under the steering wheel that controls the front speakers and then powers up the back AMP and subwoofer and speakers. This could also be an issue I'm told because its not being told to turn off when the car is locked. Maybe look at that to and see if you find anything. There are 2 plugs going into it , (one for the front speakers and one for the back speakers and sub). when i had a look yesterday i noticed on my dash in the EVIC display that the volts dropped and stayed low when i plugged in the back section with the radio also plugged back in but when i disconnected the back section again and then plugged the front section in on its own with the radio still plugged in the volts didn't change and stayed up around 14.2 with the car idling . Somethings going on and I'm just gonna have to try another head unit and see where I'm at from there..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Interesting, let me know please what u find!. There is also a hidden AMP looking thing under the steering wheel that controls the front speakers and then powers up the back AMP and subwoofer and speakers. This could also be an issue I'm told because its not being told to turn off when the car is locked. Maybe look at that to and see if you find anything. There are 2 plugs going into it , (one for the front speakers and one for the back speakers and sub). when i had a look yesterday i noticed on my dash in the EVIC display that the volts dropped and stayed low when i plugged in the back section with the radio also plugged back in but when i disconnected the back section again and then plugged the front section in on its own with the radio still plugged in the volts didn't change and stayed up around 14.2 with the car idling . Somethings going on and I'm just gonna have to try another head unit and see where I'm at from there..
Well it seems i have a intermittent draw, I only have to jump the car about twice a week. I only had a 10.7 amp draw. Still pulled all the fuses and got nothin. All the batteries are at tip top volts. I disconnected the stock batt while at work last night to reset all the comp. Pretty much stumped. My auto start isnt working either. It just beeps once when i activate it. Not to sure what to do next.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I found leaving my Diablo Trinity connected was the cause of my batt drain. hopefully this is your issue as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts