Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I recently heard a loud whurring noise from under the hood, then the battery light started to come on intermitently, then stayed on solid. The day it stayed on solid it died, BAS,ESP,ABS, Battery, and Lightning bolt all came on with a very rough idle, then shut down.
I had the alternator replaced and all seemed to be fine as the shop charged the battery as well. 2 days out of shop and the battery light came back and viola Im back where I started $500 poorer right before Christmas, the noise is gone and they said the stator was gone in the old alternator. When I on/off on/off on/off I get the code 0645 which is the a/c clutch relay..... my ac has not worked for at least a year and dont really care but is it related to my battery issues??. Maybe a new battery will do but I dont want to waste another hundred bucks for nothing. Any and all help is appreciated as I can't take any more of this crap. Also I notice my heat was not getting hot fast after the repair and if I let my foot off of the gas there was something holding back slightly like it decelerated quicker than normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
flashed 2 more codes this time, 0622, and 0562. I have pulled and checked all fuses and inspected wiring at the battery and all seems fine.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Make sure that your trunk lid is fully closed and latched, and that the trunk light has turned off. Check the interior of the car in the dark for light in the trunk.
The trunk light switch is part of the latch, not a mercury switch sensing the position of the lid. If it's not clicked locked the light will be on.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
battery runs flat if the car is left for more than a week. anyone else have this problem?
My garage says it is a problem with the 300Cs
I think theres a tsb on your sunroof when i bought my car they wouldn't give it to me till they fixed somthing with the sunroof ,said if they didn't unless i drove it everyday that it would de dead within the week ,and of course i can't find my papaerwork for this so i hope this helps

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,165 Posts
mp.scally,

If you have a sunroof, verify with an authorized dealer that the following TSB has been performed:

TSB #08-015-07

SUBJECT:
Flash:Sunroof Module, Excessive Ignition Off Draw, Pop In Radio with Ignition Off, Dome Lamp Flickers And May Not Go Off

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a software issue in the Sunroof Motor Module causing the Vehicle Communication System (BUS) to stay active after the vehicle is shut down.

This condition can cause any of the following symptoms:
Dead battery after vehicle has not been used for 2 or more days due to excessive ignition off draw
Popping sound in radio or thumping sound from speaker/subwoofer when operated with the ignition off. This can occur with the radio off.
Interior lighting flickering or not turning off after the vehicle is shut down

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Sunroof Motor Module with new software.

Good luck on getting this issue resolved!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts