Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 300c, 22,000 miles. Battery seems not to hold a charge.
In shop right now, dealer says could be a battery.
Anyone familiar with the battery life or how long it is supposed to last ?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I bought my 2006 AWD 300C new and haven't had any problems with the battery. In my experience each bad battery is an isolated case. You might have just gotten a bad one put in your car.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
My experience with batteries is they always seem to last about 5 years. They ALWAYS fail in the winter...haha.

There have been a few isolated cases here where faulty batteries have had to be replaced. Not many, but a few.

Bernie

·
Registered
449 Posts
My 300C is 3 years old and the battery is still good. I have 28,000 miles on my car. Bought the car brand new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought my 2006 300c in Aug 05, so it would seem a little early for a battery replacement.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just sold my 2000 Silverado. Had the original battery. Never had a problem. Also, have the originals in my '05 "C", and '05 WK.

·
Registered
544 Posts
5 years is a good estimate but, they can die any time. I've replace one the first year...generally the Chrysler lasts longer because the computer keeps the battery from being over/under charged......

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
The battery is "supposed" to last longer, but mine was replaced under warranty last October ('05 300C built February 2005) because from day one if the car sat for 2 weeks (sometimes only 1 week) the battery would be dead and they found nothing else wrong. Battery tested "Good" (both by me and the dealership) but they replaced it anyway and I had no problems over the winter. I store my car in winter but start it periodically and warm up to operating temp. Sunday I got her out for the first time since November and she started right up after sitting for 3 weeks since the last time I started her.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE.................
Dealer said battery would not hold a charge and replaced it, under warranty.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
UPDATE.................
Dealer said battery would not hold a charge and replaced it, under warranty.
Gotta love warranties eh!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not only do they fail ONLY in the winter, but also ONLY at night. (I think that's one of the rules of life)

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Gotta love warranties eh!!!

Bernie
Keep your fingers crossed for me Bernie; my warranty was up yesterday! Hard to believe my car is 3 years old already (with a whopping 10,300 miles on her no less!)

Of course I still have the powertrain warranty for 4 more years; but the powertrain is rock solid anyway. Just hope the electronics don't start nickle & diming me to death!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed for me Bernie; my warranty was up yesterday! Hard to believe my car is 3 years old already (with a whopping 10,300 miles on her no less!)

Of course I still have the powertrain warranty for 4 more years; but the powertrain is rock solid anyway. Just hope the electronics don't start nickle & diming me to death!
Yeah, time flies for sure. Mine's up in a few days too, but I have an extended warranty. I have about the same miles as you do too.

Bernie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts