Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my new sound system my battery light is coming on after i turn it up for a short time. I have 2 amps one is 1800 watts and the outher is 720w. I have a 6000w cap installed and new battery. All the int. lights dim as well as my headlights . does any one alse have this problem? and is it only a warning for more power than usualy used. if i turn it off and back on it go's away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue... I ended up replacing the battery with a group size 49 AGM sears battery AND a Mechman 250a alternator to solve the problem. Remember this, batteries DO NOT supply your audio system with power when your car is running. Sitting in a parking lot key off, yes they do, but when when your car is RUNNING your Alternator is supplying the power to your stereo amps.

Adding more and more batteries will simply ADD to your problem because then your stock alternator is going to be trying to charge those batteries and put even more of a strain on it. You need a high output alternator.

Your alternator is currently not charging your battery. Mine (my alt) was warn out pretty quickly after putting in similar sized amps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts