Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car on a battery tender all winter but the last month I noticed it wasn't holding a charge I thought the battery tender was bad so I bought a new one it did the same thing so I took a look at the battery it had one cell low on water so I filled it and now im trying to charge it to see if it holds a charge...BUT here is my question if its no good when I go to change it out for a new battery any special directions ???...I have a tune on the car do I put it back to stock then change the battery or is ok to just change it with the tune loaded...Also I know I have to re-set the zex box too, anything else I have to do? Thanks....

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The tune will be OK. Just make sure the negative cable is removed and replaced first.
Bit of a mix up.
Remove the negative first and when re-fitting, fit the negative last, NOT first.
It prevents you shorting out the battery with the spanner that's all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have read that it was a good idea to put a 12v charge on the engines computer, using a cig-lighter battery charger. This is so you dont lose any programmed data that may be cleared when the battery is disconnected. I used a charger when I did mine and all went well. I also got 8 years out of my OEM stock Chrysler battery! BTW, these biotches are huge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts