Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
942 Posts
Same issue today out of the blue but I did notice my key fob saying low early this week and now this has happened flickering of the radio and car not starting.
Mr_300,

We're very sorry to hear of this happening! Are you still experiencing any concerns? We do recommend alerting your nearest servicing dealer of this, if so. If you choose to schedule an appointment at your dealer, please send us a private message for an extra layer of assistance.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2013 chrysler 300s started popping up with the battery saving mode notification.. took it to auto zone and they said it was a bad alternator. we just bought a new one and switched it out and it was working fine but it just started saying battery saving mode again? anyone else still having this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
115 views and not a single comment... i can't be the only one with this issue?
I had the same issue and was driving me nuts, after lot of electrical and parasitic testing with few new alternators and a battery, found the problem, was the IBS ( intelligence battery Sensor ) which is connected at the negative post on the negative cable, sensor was bad giving wrong input to the car PCM and not allowing to charge. Hope this helps.(y)(y):giggle:

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 300c awd

Battery saver mode light on, radio dimming. Brought to Chrysler light wasn't on anymore. They said that it tested fine. They said to call corporate and deal with them. Twenty minutes later after giving the dealer a lechture about that I wasn't going to end up on the side of the road. I will be getting a new alternator and then because I don't have the energy to continue yelling buy a new battery. Bought a lifetime warranty for $4k and it is useless that the mechanics cannot figure out this problem. I will update if I have this problem again after I pickup with a new alternator. Don't just be passive and let the dealer give you they are just the middle man excuse. Fight for your car to be fixed right.
I had the same issue and was driving me nuts, after lot of electrical and parasitic testing with few new alternators and a battery, found the problem, was the IBS ( intelligence battery Sensor ) which is connected at the negative post on the negative cable, sensor was bad giving wrong input to the car PCM and not allowing to charge. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the message I've replace the battery the alternator and now the battery sensor still only charging at 11v until driving on say the highway any one figured out from here what could be the issue

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,823 Posts
The alternator has three terminals: +ve, connected directly to the battery, -ve to ground and a field control wire connected to the ECU. It is the ECU field connection which provides fine control over the alternator output. It is not uncommon for this field wire connection to be overlooked when installing an alternator and with predictable results. The integral alternator regulator only provides a coarse function.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts