Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Be careful of your rear arms...

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  badgx 
#1 ·
As this may happen...

Automotive tire Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive wheel system
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Automotive tire

Scary, but thankfully happened at about 20mph. Chrysler wanted 273+vat for the lower arm, rockauto wanted 50 quid so guess who got the business lol...

Thanks again to Ray in Stafford who saved my bacon getting this fixed whilst I was away, those bilstein shocks have completely changed the handling for the better, will book it in soon to have the fronts done.

JD

See less See more
#3 ·
To be fair it was my fault - suspension had been making some weird noises for a while, but then doesn't it always! I guess if it makes a noise, get it checked rather than just assume it's nothing. Either way it's sorted now, just a few thousand off 200k miles, hopefully get a good few more :)

JD

#4 ·
I buy bits from over the pond 50% or more less than here with good delivery rock was less than 5 daysI have just got a performance panel filter for my hemi £22 delivered as I would not pay k&n prices here so got a spectre and guess who they are yes k&n same filter and £22 from Amazing.com,back on track glad to see you are all sorted.

#11 ·
good call !! one thing of note is the adjustment bolt on the rear wheel's has a tendency to really corrode and not allow for 4 wheel alinement without breaking ,and subsequent replacement. some shop's will put a wrench on that bolt to try and adjust it , find they can't move it , call to see if there are any parts locally and close, find none , and skip that part of the alinement. thus the tire wear...Had that sort of situation with my 06 300C at firestone, but they found a bolt 45 miles away and fixed it. Just saying is all !

#9 ·
I will never forget years ago had a lower ball joint break on a vehicle. It was a holiday weekend traveling to visit family, long story short I was leaving a rest stop about to enter the freeway and the right side drops to the ground. I was so glad it didn't happen while driving and so many thoughts went through my head of what could have happened. Vehicle was towed to a local shop where it stayed the weekend.

#10 ·
That's some corrosion, not seen anything like that before. Luckily no-one was injurded here.

#14 ·
Thanks for info. We need to keep an eye, how much was the shipping costs from Rock Auto?

#16 ·
That's very good, I'll keep an eye at Rock Autos. Thanks

#17 ·
Just seen the price of a thermostat at £6.22 from Rockautos. For the same brand I paid £35 on ebay. I'll definitely be shopping from Rock Autos given the potential savings. Happy days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.