Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check your blind spots. Twice. Check you mirrors, look before you turn, for the love of god use your blinkers and pay attention to where you're going.
My father got smacked by a car while out on his daily bike ride at lunch today, I haven't even gotten a chance to see him yet because he's been transfered to a more serious hospital because of his head trauma (thank god for helmets and the sense to wear one)...
He was riding along when someone who HAD to turn immediatley swerved in front of him to turn and he rode straight into the side of the guy's car, wrecking his front wheel and (hopefully) doing some damage to the schmuck's car, and throwing him over the car. It's really not that hard to see a cyclist on the side of the road, especially one that's cruising at almost traffic speed.
So guys, just check that extra time for anything you may have missed in your rush to get where ever you're going - it could save a life (possibly yours!) and at the least will give you peace of mind that you're not going to cause an accident.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am so sorry to read your post. Hope your Dad has a quick and complete recovery. I agree with you 100% people do need to pay attention when they are behind the wheel of so much power be it a pinto or a 18 wheeler.

l also wish people wouldn't talk(cell phone)/text and drive.

·
Registered
435 Posts
l also wish people wouldn't talk(cell phone)/text and drive.
Amen to that Debster, wish they would put a huge fine on that, not that I'm out to do anyone wrong but had that almost fender bender to many times by people rolling into traffic or just not watching the road for watching the phone.

& I'll keep your dad in my prayers snowgod, hope he is recouping well. be blessed, Cynthia

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw him for the first time since the accident, he's doing well...as well as a guy who just got smacked by a car could be anyway. Two broken vertebrae (C2 and C10), a few cracked ribs, some head trauma and the obvious shock of being hit by a car. He did some damage to the *******'s car though, can you guess what kind of car? 2008 BMW 540xi - black. He creamed the front passenger fender pretty well accoding to the police report :cool: . Who'd have thought that a guy in a Bimmer wouldn't be paying attention to anything outside the car.

The doctors say that he'll be in ICU for about 4 days or so, then they'll move him out to a regular ward for a few more days and then he should be able to come home, depending on his mobility.

·
Registered
376 Posts
For real, man. So many people are in such a damn hurry there is no respect for anyone...let alone a bicyclist. Hope things work out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts