Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in dallas and we hit 99 degrees a few days ago, so its probably going to be a VERY hot summer here, i havent ever had a car i cared this much about before so does anyone have any tips on what i should do to not let the 100 plus degree temps damage anything?

is there anything i should do extra?

·
Registered
465 Posts
tint is a great start. a 180 degree thermostat is another great idea. i would also recommend a good sunshade for the front window when parked

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i haev dark tint already, i cant tell that makes a difference, but i have to leave the car in the parking lot at work from 8-5.

also my a/c blows effin goats, is there any way to get more power out of it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi from Houston. As far as the AC goes, try leaving it on recirculate so it is not trying to cool outside air. Works for me.

Dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
Summers are hot and humid in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area, too. I find if I just set the temp control to Auto and 70 degrees and open the window for a couple minutes to blow out the super hot air, that it cools off just fine in no time. Nothing out of the ordinary needed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I agree with RobinVA... I'm in NOVA too, and beyond deep tint and opening the windows on startup, there's no escaping the heat.

As a matter of fact... we just hit 70 degrees today.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dustybutt, i mean this in the nicest way possible, but i hate you :)

i guess i will just have to be a man for once in my life and "suffer" through those first 10 minutes in the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts