Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get to some items that I hadn't had time to do recently, only cost some time. My car came with a K&N filter already on it but they did not take out the large monstrosity air baffle that sits in front of the driver wheel actually keeping the CAI from doing it's job properly....

Then to actually get cold air into this large cavity behind the front clip, I removed the block off panel in the lower front spoiler...

By russg at 2011-05-22

Then I did what I'm sure many others have done here, port my throttle body front and a little off the back...

By russg at 2011-05-22

Since I'm one of "those" type people that just can't stop messing with stuff, the K&N tube where it meets up with the throttle body is pretty thick so I took some material off the inside edge, probably could have taken off more...

By russg at 2011-05-22

Here it is with the rubber throttle body connecting sleeve attached, I could open it some more for sure but being plastic don't want the walls too thin.

By russg at 2011-05-22

All these items have made a noticible difference in the ride, there is a seat of the pants difference now that it can breath easy and effortlessly and a big upside for me is I have a Magnaflow catback setup and for some reason the MDS does not drone as much as it did before. It's all good!!

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Interesting - my magnaflow definitely drones with the MDS. Already removed air baffle, opened lower vents, and regularly clean my TB. Don't think I'd ever try to port it - how is that done anyways? And never thought about taking some plastic off of the intake arm.

Good job there. :fing02: Can't beat FREE. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drone is still there but drastically reduced, porting throttle body is quite easy, easier if you have an angle grinder with a bit that takes off metal faster, then I use a dremel for fine tuning. There has to be a how to some where on this forum, I have done it a number of times and always produces positive results

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Sounds easy. I thought ported TB's cost a bunch of money. ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Porting your stock TB is easy! If you look at the opening of the stock TB, the outer edge has pretty thick walls, you pretty much want to smooth it out to almost a sharp edge so your maximizing the opening to pull as much air as possible through the body. Just don't touch the area around the butterfly, you will not be enlarging the center section. Here is the best write up I found, it is for the v6 models but the throttle body porting will be identical and they look similar.

How to: Port a V6 Throttle Body - Lx Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts