Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brilliant Black 300C, fully loaded, sport eibach springs, tint, limited amount of walnut dash trim, mopar-borla exhaust, synthetic oil, dynomat sound mat throughout, E&G Euro Grille, tinted tail lights and front side marker lights, TSW kyalami 18' wheels, BF Goodrich KDWS, Wilwood Big Brake Kit on front wheels, small (SRT8-like) rear spoiler, klasse all-in-one protectant applied monthly, immaculate inside and out, 9,600 miles, in Arizona.

All reasonable offers considered. Why, because I going to make the leap to the SRT8.

And no I don't have pictures of her yet and yes I will snap some this weekend.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
300C4ME said:
Brilliant Black 300C, fully loaded, sport eibach springs, tint, limited amount of walnut dash trim, mopar-borla exhaust, synthetic oil, dynomat sound mat throughout, TSW kyalami 18' wheels, BF Goodrich KDWS, Wilwood Big Brake Kit on front wheels, small (SRT8-like) rear spoiler, klasse all-in-one protectant applied monthly, immaculate inside and out, 9,600 miles, in Arizona.

All reasonable offers considered. Why, because I going to make the leap to the SRT8.

And no I don't have pictures of her yet and yes I will snap some this weekend.

Regards.
Hey if your would at least get the rear caliper bracket fitted first....

·
Registered
7 Posts
300C4ME, I am interested in purchasing your vechicle. I'm looking to acquire around June this year, if that's acceptable then PM or e-mail me. Thank you.

PS I'll pay more than 10K... lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are interested now, wait till ya see the pictures of the lovely lady. I will attempt to post photos tonight.

Under the right terms, I could hold on to her for a couple months.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you tint your OEM tails or did you order an extra set? If those are your only set of tails and you do sell the car would be interested in me giving you my stock tails and some cash for your tinted ones?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Something over the 10k previously offered . . . . ;) I have not done the research at this point, but it would be short of fair market value. Keep in mind, there would be a savings of two to three thousand in sales tax. Additionally, being anal retentive, all bugs and issues and defects from the manfacturer have been cured, replaced and resolved. Finally, to bring down the cost, I would consider pulling say the Wilwood BB Kit and Mopar/Borla exhaust and returning the vehicle to the stock set up in that regard. Maybe I could do the same with repect to the wheels/tires and professionaly tinted taillight and front side marker lights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
300C4ME said:
Keep in mind, there would be a savings of two to three thousand in sales tax.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought sales tax applies to purchases of used vehicles as well. So me being in California and purchasing your car in Arizona, I'd still need to pay a sales tax, as wel as register the vehicle in California.

Very real possibility I'm totally off on this one, but that's just how I thought it worked.

Someone enlighten me!

<---interested in your black beauty

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ty, your totally right.

a lot of people counter that by making agreements with the seller to write a smaller bill of sale for the car, then a seperate bill for the difference for the upgrades (wheels, stereo, etc). Technically you shouldn't have to pay taxes on the equipment, only the vehicle, but i can't imagine the DMV would be happy if they knew.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Here in GA and I know in other states if you buy a car from a private party you dont have to pay "Sales Tax". You still need to register the car and pay the personal property tax,which you would pay in addition to the sales tax if bought from a dealer. So in our case you do save the sales tax.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
415_300C said:
Ty, your totally right.

a lot of people counter that by making agreements with the seller to write a smaller bill of sale for the car, then a seperate bill for the difference for the upgrades (wheels, stereo, etc). Technically you shouldn't have to pay taxes on the equipment, only the vehicle, but i can't imagine the DMV would be happy if they knew.
I have done thisbefore but in KY they base the tax on the NADA value regardless of what you paid :eek: . I bought a 300SEL 6.3 worth about 12K and she asked if it was a 3.5 and I said "yes" and paid tax on $3500. The title only had 300SEL and did not specify engine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
There is no sales tax!

Folks there is no sales tax on this car. I am certain of this. Sales tax is a creature of state law. Arizona does not require it for transactions between private parties. Furthermore, there are a plethora of options for structuring the sale of this vehicle to obviate the prospect of another state "inappropriately" digging into your wallet. Commercial transactions are one thing, private party transactions are an all together different animal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can certainly fool around with sales tax for private sales. trust me. i've done it. i never tried NO sales tax but i certainly got away with very minimal or small amount of sales tax. i did it in NJ.

btw, your car looks sweet!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Black Beauty - Continued

Egads I have a substantial sum of money invested in this mistress. :eek: I was going over my receipts last night and surveying all of the options and upgrades my 300C has.

Thank goodness my wife does not read this forum. Otherwise the actual amount of money spent on this vehicle, coupled with my decision to sell her and get an SRT8, would have me living out of the car. lol. Heck, I am still getting that "you are absolutely insane" look followed by the frown of disapproval every time the topic comes up. (I know many of you gentlemen are familiar with these potent methods of non-verbal communication.:D )

At any rate, for those that are sincerely interested, do shoot me a PM or E-mail and I will be glad to provide additional digital photos, a copy of the window sticker listing all the standard equipment and options, and a list of the many considered and selectively chosen upgrades and enhancements my Beautiful Black 300C has. With respect to that list of upgrades/enhancements, some are part of the vehicle and should remain, others can be pulled off returning her to the stock equipment, and still others never made it on her for myriad reasons and are taking up space in my garage and might be of interest to you.

Hence, there are a lot of possibilities here.

Regards.

·
Registered
631 Posts
300C4ME said:
Folks there is no sales tax on this car. I am certain of this. Sales tax is a creature of state law. Arizona does not require it for transactions between private parties. Furthermore, there are a plethora of options for structuring the sale of this vehicle to obviate the prospect of another state "inappropriately" digging into your wallet. Commercial transactions are one thing, private party transactions are an all together different animal.
I think in MA they hit you with the sales tax when you go to register the car. No sales tax, no registration. Again, this may differ in other states.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.