Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going off the directions provided from this thread:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tech-tips-diy-how/161954-how-bed-your-brakes.html

But had a question before attempting this on my SRT8 since I just installed fresh pads and slotted rotors yesterday.

Towards the end of the article, it mentioned race pads requiring 4 more near stops from 80 mph to 10 mph. Do the Brembo pads on our cars fall under that category or just play it safe and do only the 8-10 near stops from 60 mph to 10-15 mph?

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 09 SRT8 brakes fine but has that annoying squeal at light braking but it doesn't do it all the time. Would bedding them in on my 09 be a good idea at this point since it has about 35K miles so far? I doubt the previous owner ever bed them in on my 09 but figured it might solve the squealing sound at light braking since the article stated that bedding them in helps in preventing the annoying squeal.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Since I had harder pads fitted to my discs, after av few months, I was getting a vibration through my steering. Thought I would try the bedding in procedure and it worked well. No vibration. It seems to build up over a period of time and start to vibrate again, so I do the bedding in thing again, and gone. I put it down to a few things, car not being used frequently so a bit of rust forms on discs? short journeys, loads of traffic lights and possibly holding my car on brake all time when rolling to a stop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts