Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding More "Show" to the "Go": Dodge Re-introduces Performance Nameplate and Classic Exterior Color on 2006 and 2007 Dodge Charger Models.

Dodge revives Super Bee nameplate with limited-edition 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8. New "TorRed" paint scheme to appear on limited-production 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T, joining Go ManGo! and Top Banana editions

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 17, 2006 -
A pair of names familiar to many automotive enthusiasts are again part of the Dodge performance lineup with the return of the Super Bee nameplate for the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 and the "TorRed" exterior color for the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T.

"The Dodge Charger embodies modern American muscle, and at the same time, carries on a great performance heritage," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group. "It was only natural to give a nod to that heritage with the re-introduction of a famous Dodge performance nameplate and a high-impact heritage paint name."

Bee All It Can Be
The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the first special edition of the "Charger on steroids" from Chrysler Group's Street and Racing Technology (SRT). It features "Detonator Yellow" exterior color with black hood and deck-lid face, Super Bee logos on front and rear fenders, and contrasting yellow stitching on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob.

Powered by the SRT-engineered 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 producing 425 hp (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 N•m) of torque, the Dodge Charger SRT8's powertrain represents a new level in HEMI performance, with 85 additional horsepower — 25 percent more than the 5.7-liter HEMI.

Other SRT enhancements include functional, performance-oriented styling, world-class ride and handling, race-inspired interior appointments and benchmark braking. All together, the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low 5 seconds, 0-100-0 in under 17 seconds and 60-0 mph braking in approximately 110 feet.

The legendary Super Bee nameplate made its debut in 1968 within the Dodge Coronet line. As the newest member of Dodge's "Scat Pack" performance group, the '68 Super Bee originally carried an MSRP of just over $3,000. It was offered as a Dodge Charger only in its last model year, 1971. Restored examples fetch between $80,000 – $100,000 today.

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the latest edition of the ultimate American muscle sedan, and will be available in dealerships this fall. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Rambit

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Looks nasty, Rambit. Thanks for posting. :)

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Rambit said:
Adding More "Show" to the "Go": Dodge Re-introduces Performance Nameplate and Classic Exterior Color on 2006 and 2007 Dodge Charger Models.

Dodge revives Super Bee nameplate with limited-edition 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8. New "TorRed" paint scheme to appear on limited-production 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T, joining Go ManGo! and Top Banana editions

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 17, 2006 -
A pair of names familiar to many automotive enthusiasts are again part of the Dodge performance lineup with the return of the Super Bee nameplate for the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 and the "TorRed" exterior color for the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T.

"The Dodge Charger embodies modern American muscle, and at the same time, carries on a great performance heritage," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group. "It was only natural to give a nod to that heritage with the re-introduction of a famous Dodge performance nameplate and a high-impact heritage paint name."

Bee All It Can Be
The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the first special edition of the "Charger on steroids" from Chrysler Group's Street and Racing Technology (SRT). It features "Detonator Yellow" exterior color with black hood and deck-lid face, Super Bee logos on front and rear fenders, and contrasting yellow stitching on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob.

Powered by the SRT-engineered 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 producing 425 hp (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 N•m) of torque, the Dodge Charger SRT8's powertrain represents a new level in HEMI performance, with 85 additional horsepower — 25 percent more than the 5.7-liter HEMI.

Other SRT enhancements include functional, performance-oriented styling, world-class ride and handling, race-inspired interior appointments and benchmark braking. All together, the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low 5 seconds, 0-100-0 in under 17 seconds and 60-0 mph braking in approximately 110 feet.

The legendary Super Bee nameplate made its debut in 1968 within the Dodge Coronet line. As the newest member of Dodge's "Scat Pack" performance group, the '68 Super Bee originally carried an MSRP of just over $3,000. It was offered as a Dodge Charger only in its last model year, 1971. Restored examples fetch between $80,000 – $100,000 today.

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the latest edition of the ultimate American muscle sedan, and will be available in dealerships this fall. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Now you did it Rambit. You had to go and show me the 07' Super Bee SRT. I am also very partial to yellow colors, especially when done right with Black accenting. I am glad they will make this limited production model in the SRT only, unlike the 300 heritage model getting the fuel saver 4 to 8 shut-off/on 5.7 hemi engine. Others may like that feature in an engine, personally, that is why I waited so long to order the 6.1 300, I wanted confirmation no 4 to 8 on the SRT 6.1's before ordering. Now it looks like I will have to start saving my duckets and place my order, when allowed, on the 07 yellow Charger SRT SUPER BEE, Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm gonna sting that ass if you are not careful. It will make a a great addition to my 300C SRT, side by side in the garage. It looks like my Ford Truck will have to get used to sitting outside in 07',lol. I was contemplating the Magnum for my next addition (wagon next to my 300 saloon), but after seeing the Charger Super Bee. It looks like another 4 door saloon wil occupy space next to the 300. Thanks Rambit for the thread. I will call my family friends that own DCX dealers here in Houston and confirm when we can place our orders.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FreebirdSRT said:
Now you did it Rambit. You had to go and show me the 07' Super Bee SRT. I am also very partial to yellow colors, especially when done right with Black accenting. I am glad they will make this limited production model in the SRT only, unlike the 300 heritage model getting the fuel saver 4 to 8 shut-off/on 5.7 hemi engine. Others may like that feature in an engine, personally, that is why I waited so long to order the 6.1 300, I wanted confirmation no 4 to 8 on the SRT 6.1's before ordering. Now it looks like I will have to start saving my duckets and place my order, when allowed, on the 07 yellow Charger SRT SUPER BEE, Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm gonna sting that ass if you are not careful. It will make a a great addition to my 300C SRT, side by side in the garage. It looks like my Ford Truck will have to get used to sitting outside in 07',lol. I was contemplating the Magnum for my next addition (wagon next to my 300 saloon), but after seeing the Charger Super Bee. It looks like another 4 door saloon wil occupy space next to the 300. Thanks Rambit for the thread. I will call my family friends that own DCX dealers here in Houston and confirm when we can place our orders.
That has got to be the hottest Charger SRT8 to date, bar none! Notice the "Hemi 6.1" on the hood? What's the badge on the fender? I can't tell, but maybe it's a bee.

Rambit

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
With that sexy little Bee setting to hit the market in 07'. I will now re-think some of my 300's exterior styling cues, and make her less race looking, (I am sure alot of you are breathing a big sigh of relief now, Ahhhhhhhh) and make the Super Bee my Steroid injected, pavement pounding, doing a 140 on the Highway, get the f*** outta my way, sting you in the ass, Mad Max driving Super Bee Killa.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Rambit said:
That has got to be the hottest Charger SRT8 to date, bar none!

Rambit
Agreed, I like it alot.
Im not a big fan of yellow, but this thing &#*&%$&*#^ Words can only exress so much. WOW.
I think the badge on the fender looks like a Bee.
The 6.1 on the hood shows EVERYONE that the driver own the road.
I like this alot.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Rambit said:
That has got to be the hottest Charger SRT8 to date, bar none! Notice the "Hemi 6.1" on the hood? What's the badge on the fender? I can't tell, but maybe it's a bee.

Rambit
Go back and look at the old coronets. The fender Emblem is so friggin cool. It is a Bummble Bee with a set of tires for feet and peeling out.

I love the HEMI 6.1 on the hood , but I would probably get rid of the SuperBee on the rear panels and have the original rear super bee air-brushed or painted on instead. More for the old school look, which Dodge has done here, I am very excited about this charger. As excited as I was with the 6.1 300's.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rambit said:

Rambit
Its a logo of the Superbee. I seen at the autoshow looks awsome in person.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FreebirdSRT said:
Go back and look at the old coronets. The fender Emblem is so friggin cool. It is a Bummble Bee with a set of tires for feet and peeling out.

I love the HEMI 6.1 on the hood , but I would probably get rid of the SuperBee on the rear panels and have the original rear super bee air-brushed or painted on instead. More for the old school look, which Dodge has done here, I am very excited about this charger. As excited as I was with the 6.1 300's.
Are you excited or what! If that was the first SRT8 that came out last year, I'd be in it.

Rambit

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Agreed, I like it alot.
Im not a big fan of yellow, but this thing &#*&%$&*#^ Words can only exress so much. WOW.
I think the badge on the fender looks like a Bee.
The 6.1 on the hood shows EVERYONE that the driver own the road.
I like this alot.
Yellow is only for certain people. It has to grow on you. I am a big fan of all yellow colors, Mustard, Grey Poupon all the way to bright, like my CBR sport bike, lol. I am sure they will make the super bee in at least Beautiful Black as well. They will get alot of complaints if only offered in yellow, but none from me.:banana:

When yellow and Black accent is done right from OEM. It is either a hit or miss. This (IMHO) is a major hit for Dodge and the Charger.

Another example of a good Yellow/black combination. And from Honda no less.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cool...

Rambit said:
Adding More "Show" to the "Go": Dodge Re-introduces Performance Nameplate and Classic Exterior Color on 2006 and 2007 Dodge Charger Models......
Rambit

Cool indeed! BUT, not cooler than the new Challenger.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
...The fender Emblem is so friggin cool. It is a Bummble Bee with a set of tires for feet and peeling out...
A single big honkin' set of HUGE racing slicks to bee precise, Freebird. ;) And the Bee himself is leaning well forward in an aggressive stance denoting that he's at warp speed. Way cool!

Have I told you how nice it is to have yet another member on the forum who gets passionate about performance? You're a very welcome addition, Mark. :)

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FreebirdSRT said:
Yellow is only for certain people. It has to grow on you. I am a big fan of all yellow colors, Mustard, Grey Poupon all the way to bright, like my CBR sport bike, lol. I am sure they will make the super bee in at least Beautiful Black as well. They will get alot of complaints if only offered in yellow, but none from me.:banana:

When yellow and Black accent is done right from OEM. It is either a hit or miss. This (IMHO) is a major hit for Dodge and the Charger.

Another example of a good Yellow/black combination. And from Honda no less.
I agree. To me, yellow & black are the most complimenting colours available.

Rambit

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ken Lally said:
So many choices, so little money...hehe. DCX just keeps rolling along while the others watch in amazement. What a killer lineup!

Rambit

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ken Lally said:
Hm, Ken. Cooler by a full 12 months.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Meister said:
A single big honkin' set of HUGE racing slicks to bee precise, Freebird. ;) And the Bee himself is leaning well forward in an aggressive stance denoting that he's at warp speed. Way cool!

Have I told you how nice it is to have yet another member on the forum who gets passionate about performance? You're a very welcome addition, Mark. :)
Here's the little guy in a close-up...

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HEMEEE said:
Here's the little guy in a close-up...
I think they only made 1500 of those Rams too. He looks like he has a turtle's head. :wave:

Rambit

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man I need another job to keep up with all these new toys.

I may end up trading sooner than I thought.

If it only had a manual trans.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Here's a low-res blowup. I like the apparent differences, visible even in low res, to the painted bee on the pickup version.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts